Thread: Power pole pump

Power pole pump

I’m looking to mount my power pole pump and on my 2002 Sabre I have the single 27 gallon fuel tank that goes around the rear seat post. Originally I was going to mount it on the post but it won’t work with where my fuel tank is. My question is, how deep can I safely drill in the bilge area to mount my pump bracket? I know my fuel tank is screwed down in the bilge area. I’m looking to mount the bracket next to it. Am I safe to use 1” screws there without fear of poking through the hull?

2. Member
    Really depends on where. What about something mounted on the bolts holding the jack plate against the transom, where they are on the inside?
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

3. Member
    I’d rather not have to pull the bolts from the jackplate. I “think” I’m good with a 1” screw but would like to hear from someone who’s done it I guess haha. Looking for a little piece of mind

4. Member
    I had a 2000 Sabre with dual poles. I ended up turning the brackets sideways and mounting them to port sidewall in the bilge. I think one of them was kinda tucked in beside the gas tank. I may have had to move the batteries some. I can't really remember. Wished I had a pic I could share. They ended up working great there. I mounted the pumps to brackets where they would be slightly off the floor.

5. Member
    You can screw into the floor as long as your on the step up where your battery trays are mounted. Just remember to seal anything you screw down to keep water out of the foam. Hope this helps.

6. Member
    Thanks for the help!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    Really depends on where. What about something mounted on the bolts holding the jack plate against the transom, where they are on the inside?

Not talking about pulling the existing bolts out. Just a metal bracket drilled to match up and then slipped on over the existing bolts/nuts with a second nut holding the bracket in place...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    Not talking about pulling the existing bolts out. Just a metal bracket drilled to match up and then slipped on over the existing bolts/nuts with a second nut holding the bracket in place...
    I gotcha. Thanks