Planning trip to Dale Hollow

Still a little ways away, retirement plans are coming up in a little over a year
    and a long trip down south to meet up pwith a buddy that lives an hour away from Dale Hollow Lake.
    Have only fished it once a couple of years ago while picking up a boat. Not asking for specific locations but areas that I should focus on around April. Would also like to enter a bass derby or two knowing that thee is usually one going on every weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks🎣🐟
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

2. Member
    I don't fish it very often, but I have started following this Facebook page. Lots of nice Smallmouth and LM bass being caught recently. Incidentally, I also live about an hour and a half away from DH. I wonder if your friend lives in Fairfield Glade, Crossville, TN??? regards,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3161...?ref=bookmarks

No he lives in Gainesborough , Tn
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

Depends on the weather, March and April move fish. I would look at points, pockets, islands in main lake area for smallmouth. Largemouth, up Obey or Wolf arms. Lived in Carthage, near Gainsboro for a couple of years. Usually fished tubes, hair jigs w/trailer. See if you can find a "Westmoreland " map of Dale Hollow. Billy marked plenty of places to look. BFL fishes there, their reports may help with location.

5. Member
    April is a great month for the fluke. Like smalliefan said, pockets and points are great. I have a friend that has fished every weekend in April for the past 20 years and slays them during this time. I don't fish much any more but the few times I have went with him during this time frame, we've had a blast.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by Smalliefan2 View Post
    Depends on the weather, March and April move fish. I would look at points, pockets, islands in main lake area for smallmouth. Largemouth, up Obey or Wolf arms. Lived in Carthage, near Gainsboro for a couple of years. Usually fished tubes, hair jigs w/trailer. See if you can find a "Westmoreland " map of Dale Hollow. Billy marked plenty of places to look. BFL fishes there, their reports may help with location.
    Thanks very much, not many areas around Winnipeg where we can target Largemouth Bass.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

Fish shallow the month of April for sure. I don't know where you plan on staying at but the guys at dale hollow marine are top notch and I am pretty sure they just closed a deal on cedar hill also with big plans to renovate it. What is your friends name I live between Celina and Gainesboro.