Looks like my 13 250 OPTI seized up on me...

Can turn the flywheel one way, locks up at the same spot turning back

Crazy that it happened, probably only 150 hours. Always babied, non ethanol, Prem Plus, always let it warm up right...

Was running back toward weigh in, no more than probably 5000 RPM's and it just turns off. No sounds, no nothing, just turned off.

Anyone ever had that happen?

2. Member
    Mine did the exact same thing and it was my compressor.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Yep. Be sure to clean the injectors and fuel rails. Welcome to the opti world

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Yea I had a cold seizure on #6 rebuild myself and 5k later was back on the lake 4 months later. I now make sure I inspect the thermostat a lot and have found wood stuck every time it won’t get to 130 degree.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

5. Member
    I sent the fuel injectors/air injectors and fuel rail on my 2015 300XS to be cleaned last year. According to the flow chart i got they we're pretty dirty. I also noticed a performance gain after they we're cleaned.

I also clean my compressor filter at least twice a summer, I checked mine ones and it was almost fully plugged with weeds. Which would make your compressor over heat/fail.

I'm gonna send my injectors every 2nd year to be cleaned just to be on the safe side.

Took mine off last year with the rails...cleaned and flowed. Same here, I could tell a difference !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    Where yall sending the injector and rails out to?
    XRS/250 ProXS

Mine went to don’s shop.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

9. Member
    I sent my boat to the shop recently and asked them about sending injectors off and the top mechanic said it wasn't necessary. He could tell by the sound of the motor when running that they were fine. I am still not sure if that was egomania which he has a bucket full or legit.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I sent my boat to the shop recently and asked them about sending injectors off and the top mechanic said it wasn't necessary. He could tell by the sound of the motor when running that they were fine. I am still not sure if that was egomania which he has a bucket full or legit.
    You can’t hear the difference. If you hear the difference there on the edge of failure.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    You can’t hear the difference. If you hear the difference there on the edge of failure.
    I thought the same, but this place is so arrogant there is not a lot of open dialogue. Be my last trip to that Bullet dealer for sure.

Luckily I have a shop 11 miles from me that has all the equipment for the injectors...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

13. Member
    Good to know crank68, he doing injectors now . He lapped some reeds to go in my engine a while back and fixed a lower unit for another engine i had.
    Need to have the injector checked .

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I thought the same, but this place is so arrogant there is not a lot of open dialogue. Be my last trip to that Bullet dealer for sure.
    Theres a guy down in your area kinda Trae Appling his company is southern performance and injector his website is injector911.com he’s a super nice guy very helpful.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Theres a guy down in your area kinda Trae Appling his company is southern performance and injector his website is injector911.com he’s a super nice guy very helpful.
    Thanks