Forward looking live imaging?

Every year there is something new added to upcoming units. That's how I get suckered in...lol. What is everyone's thoughts about Humminbird coming out with live forward imaging like Panoptix in the next year or so? I love 360 imagine but I can imaging now that Lowrance had gotten into the live view market that it is only a matter of time for Humminbird. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Btw, if I keep adding stuff to my Ultrex, I will need a hydraulic power lift to deploy and stow.

2. Member
    I'm waiting on icast to see what could be new. I don't see them not trying something new. I understand some like the 360 for their style of fishing. But me personally I would rather have a 360 live or a live scope. I just haven't seen to many impressive 360 images.

3. Member
    I just made a full switch from Lowrance to Humminbird based solely on 360. So I'm just excited to finally try 360.

But innovation is key with any company. They'll have to come out with something to keep up. Garmin and now Lowrance have the technology. So I am assuming eventually they'll be a sonar system to do the 360 plus the live view.
    2023 Ranger Z520R - Mercury ProXS 250 HP
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

4. Member
    I keep hearing icast and October from a dealer that has been pretty reliable in the past. He just says something new but doesn't know what.

5. Member
    IMHO I don’t see them doing livescope right now. It so new its probably a patent thing . For my “style” of fishing which is :
    1- bass mostly from 1-25 foot of water.
    2- fresh water striper sometimes
    3-crappie every now and then
    I have an as 360 tm .the trolling motor version of the 360 . I have been using it for two solid years and this is what I know:
    1- some time it’s cheating :-)
    2- it’s great for finding and holding on off shore structure. Add spot lock and who could ask for more!
    3- great for crappie and bass bed fishing. I’ve caught multiple fish on and around beds in water most people pass over. I could see the beds on the 360.
    4- great for following/tracking bait as any striper fisherman can tell you ,got bait? Got striper! . Same goes for bass during summer and fall. You can also track schools of crappie moving in and out of structure.

With all that said it’s not end all be all for every situation. I’m sure it’s not for eveyone. I took the time to learn how to honestly use it. And understand what it’s showing me . It does have its limits but for me and my style of fishing I will have a 360 in my boat whether or not it’s my primary sonar .

6. Member
    I have a Helix 9 Gn2 and 360 on my trolling motor. for my style of fishing it became a game changer just because when I am fishing a weed bed i can easily tell the shape of it so instead of running through it I can literally fish the edge of the whole thing. I can see isolated rock piles, stumps and other fish holding structures from far enough away without scaring off the fish. It just flat out works for me.