Javelin trailer help

My son inherited my dads Javelin, mid 90s 389 and we are trying to get everything repaired back to functional. The trailer has the bow roller on the arm that drops down and the springs that are on it now are not strong enough to keep it up to where it needs to be. The bow roller drops all the way to the frame and we don't know how far it should go. Does anyone know what springs we need or is there some sort of mod to fix this? The boat is running good and he has fixed most of the issues it had and still making repairs/improvements but this bow roller is the biggest problem that needs to be fixed now. Thanks. FES
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

My '94 had a stop that the bow roller bracket would hit - the spring would keep tension against that stop. The design was for the spring to keep the bow roller all the way back towards the winch. And when you launch the boat, the spring let the bow roller drop down with the nose of the boat. I don't guess there really is a "desired" amount that it will drop towards the frame. Find another comparable spring and move on. That's a great rig.

FYI, the consensus is most hated that design and ended up welding the roller bracket to eliminate the spring. I rarely had any issues with mine unless I was launching on a steep ramp, and the bow would want to go under the bow roller.

Thanks. My extensive googling today have give me similar results. He has found a spring that should work if not hes gonna have it welded up solid.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

4. Banned
    You can contact EZ Loader and they still stock parts.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Thanks. My extensive googling today have give me similar results. He has found a spring that should work if not hes gonna have it welded up solid.
    Best thing I ever did to it.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB