Thread: Coffee is on

California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar

Coffee is on

Going to be a gorgeous weekend, who's fishing?

I'll be at New Melones tomorrow, expecting it to be packed..

2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

2. Banned
    Not going this weekend because I know it will be packed. Next Wednesday is looking good.

3. Member
    Mornin gents
    Leaving for McClure after work today, or in the morning... 7 days.... Can't wait!!!!

4. Member
    Also going to Melones, I'll save you a spot on the lake lol

5. Member
    Still no boat i hope you guys had fun over the weekend.

6. Member
    Sorry to hear that Basser 100, Melones wasn't that bad for traffic IMO, a lot of buck bass kept us busy, but a lot of deserted beds and no fry which makes me believe there confused or I miss the boat . Perhaps A7T3C will pipe in on what he found this weekend. Its been a strange year for the spawn everywhere here, but what a nice day to spend with the wife, which she caught her PB one over 4 lbs black and the tail look normal, not what you would expect this time of year with 64 deg water. Anyway hope you get your ride soon,if you lived closer I'd offer you a seat in mine, but its a long haul for ya for just one day out. Good Luck and fish on. Steve

7. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steveblack View Post
    Sorry to hear that Basser 100, Melones wasn't that bad for traffic IMO, a lot of buck bass kept us busy, but a lot of deserted beds and no fry which makes me believe there confused or I miss the boat . Perhaps A7T3C will pipe in on what he found this weekend. Its been a strange year for the spawn everywhere here, but what a nice day to spend with the wife, which she caught her PB one over 4 lbs black and the tail look normal, not what you would expect this time of year with 64 deg water. Anyway hope you get your ride soon,if you lived closer I'd offer you a seat in mine, but its a long haul for ya for just one day out. Good Luck and fish on. Steve
    Definitely a few boats on the water this past weekend, but wasn't bad at all in terms of water traffic. Totally agree, this off and on weather has made it tough to locate bass during these weeks. We struggled to find em Sat, and the ones we did find were deeper than initially expected. Most of the boats i talked to were in the same scenario..

Meanwhile, i keep hearing McClure is the place to be as of lately for bass/crappie - likely my next stop.

Overall beautiful day, and i'll never complain about a day on the water. Need a bit more sun/warmth is the only guess i can make right now about the bass staying a bit deep..
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

8. Member
    Thank you steve it won't be much longer just waiting on the motor to get put back together and then break it in.

9. Member
    McClure is fun right now. Doesn't matter which end of the lake you hit, something is munching... weather is awesome...

10. Member
    Glad you made it up safely and are enjoying McClure OdingyNBugs, if you get time check out Don Pedro just around the corner, I hear the weather has moved up the big girls as well

11. Member
    we thought about hitting Don Pedro, but had some on the water TM issues, which "forced" a trip to Basspro in Manteca... it was fun installing an Ultrex in our campsite!!! Damn that thing is sweet!!!!!!

12. Member
    I went out to Mohave off the dam and caught a bunch of bedding small mouths felt good to stretch a line again. I really need my boat back in action it was dead calm and I will bet I could have smashed them if I could have been mobile.