Hydroturf with Xtreme Coat

Has anyone installed Hydroturf on top of their existing Xtreme coat liner? I would like to install Hydroturf in some areas, but I was wondering if the Xtreme coat would cause any bonding issues.

2. Member
    I found a similar product called Blacktip that has a more attractive price. From the reviews on BBC and Amazon, it seems like a good alternative to the Hydroturf. Still not sure if applying it on top of the liner is a good idea.

they install seadek from the factory and it adheres just fine. I wouldnt think hydroturf would be an issue as long as you use a similar glue

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    they install seadek from the factory and it adheres just fine. I wouldnt think hydroturf would be an issue as long as you use a similar glue

5. Member
    Ive been wondering the same thing as I aim to add a little Seadek or Hydroturf to my H20.

Please share your results if you get around to doing it. I will eventually.

6. Member
    I had a 2017 H18 that I did, purchased he hydroturf with the 3M adhesive (peel and stick). I went over the the extreme coat with some rubbing alcohol after I cleaned it really well, let it dry and then did the rubbing alcohol again. It bonded really well and came out looking strong. H18 turf 1.jpgH18 turf 2.jpgH18 turf 3.jpgH18 turf 4.jpgH18 turf 5.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Xpress4Sho that looks nice. Did you create templates for each cut?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 More Cast View Post
    Xpress4Sho that looks nice. Did you create templates for each cut?
    Not really, just measured each piece, since there are really few curves in the boat, your mainly dealing with angles.

The duck hunting community used Hydro Turf regularly and the popular opinion seems to be get the stuff with the peel and stick backing but also use 3M spray adhesive.

10. Member
    Xpress4Sho, That does look really nice and I bet real nice on the feet.

11. Member
    Xpress4Sho can you give us an update on how well the hydroturf is bonding with the extreme coat?

12. Member
    I put hydroturf on front deck of my x19 and it held down fine for the the last 4 years...Just last week I pulled it up and had a guy install a product called aqua traction..I had the flooring put down on both front and back decks..Will be posting some pictures soon of before and after... both put over the the extreme coat...