what fuel additives are yall running in the Etec?

I have a 2015 Etec 250 HO and I am just wondering what fuel additives yall are running. I am looking for a ethanol treatment as well as a good cleaner to help with the carbon build up and for the injectors. Any tips would be great.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I had two E-tec 250 engines and didn't run any fuel treatment in either. XD-100 oil kept the internal nice and clean. Only used Stabil for winter storage. Friends with E-tecs don't run any treatment during the season, either. Not saying you shouldn't, but I've never found it necessary. Been running these engines since 2008; now on my 5th one with no engine or fuel system issues.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Im on the same motor since 2008 with a current rebuild and I dont know if its really the reason or not that Ive NEVER had a fuel related problem , but I run evinrude 2+4 fuel conditioner threw every gallon of gas Ive ever burnt in the engine . I dont know if it really helps or not , but its what BRP reccomends .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

4. Member
    Thanks guys I do run xd100 only for the oil so its nice to hear that. So It looks like the only thing I really need is just something for if the boat has to sit for a while.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I'm running an 03 dfi and only xd-100 oil for the engine. Recently had a runability problem and the engine has sat for the last 6 months......treated with startron at everyfill up and she's running like a kitten. I took a gas sample after sitting that long to determine if I needed to drain the tank.....sample is still sitting in my garage after a month and not a DROP of water.....I run startron and xd-100 oil and no problems.

6. Member
    x2 for the startron
    i run regular gas with a splash of startron and xd100 in my 2017 150HO
    2+4 when put away for winter
    1996 Champion 181 DCX ELITE
    2017 EVINRUDE 150 H.O

7. Member
    Startron...i put it in everything, mowers snowblower gas cans you name it.

8. Member
    I also like the Startron for fuel treatment and the xd-100 oil is fabulous.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    My Dealer told me:

> Only XD100
    > Evinrude 2+4 ~OR~ Stabil 360 Either one if fine
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

10. Member
    Buy the Startron diesel formula and use 1/2 the dosage and you’ll save 50% off the purchase price of that product when use for gasoline.

I have an email from the company that makes it and they confirmed that the diesel formula is twice as concentrated as the gas formula. Or to put it more correctly, they make the gasoline formula simply by cutting the diesel product in half, for potency

Found the email, is posted here: http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/...tartron+diesel

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    West Marine is usually higher priced...look for it at the local walmart for cheaper prices.....even more savings.

12. Member
    same here, xd 100, stabil when she sits, 7 yr so far

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My Etec is a tad smaller, it’s an 2006 90. I run the XD-100 oil and I only put a little startron in if I can’t get to ethanol free gas. She starts with a tap of the ignition and runs perfectl!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    I had a 225 E Tec for 10 years on a 2005 Triton TR 20X. A couple of years before I sold it, I had the injectors removed, cleaned and calibrated. I suggest doing this on any E Tec. One was 15% clogged and the cleaning prevented an injector failure, and you know the rest of what happens.

15. Member
    Not an E-tech owner just Old tech owner. '96 Faststike but My OMC guy always told me the best additive was Yamaha Ring-Free. I run it in every tank full.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Here is the regiment I use on my E-TECH 150 HO...For the fuel and fuel system I use Evinrude 2+4 fuel conditioner/stabilizer in every tank. I fish year round but if I did If store my boat for prolonged periods then there is a storage dose where you increase the amount of treatment to use. The amount to add to your fuel for regular daily maintenance and a prolonged storage can be found on the bottle. For carbon control XD100 has carbX in the oil. carbX is a carbon cleaning agent so the oil actually cleans carbon. For piece of mind about every 40 hours or once as year I run a dose of Evinrude Carbon Guard through 1 tank of fuel. I will fill up and run about 80% of the fuel out before I add anymore fuel. Then I go back to my normal routine of just using 2+4.