Thread: Bleeding brakes

Bleeding brakes

So I’m going to bleed the brakes on my 2011 tandem trailer but I only see one bleeder screw, it's on the port side of the trailer. Is this normal? I thought tandem trailers had 2 bleeder screws.

2. Member
    That makes no sense. All calipers I've ever seen have a bleeder. That in mind, you need to start at the farthest away from the master cylinder, then work towards the closest. For instance... your brake line runs down the left side, then has a T at the front axle, and another at the rear, plus a T splitting off to each end of the axle(s). I'd bleed the right rear first, then the right front. OR AT THE LEAST... the right rear, then left rear. Then right front, left front.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

3. Member
    The dual axle trailers from 2010 on have only one bleeder on the port front caliper; the calipers are daisy chained together. The system bleeds fine.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    The dual axle trailers from 2010 on have only one bleeder on the port front caliper; the calipers are daisy chained together. The system bleeds fine.

Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    Yep, that’s how it is. Brake line runs down the starboard side, crosses over to the port side and ends up on the front caliper with the one bleeder screw. Thanks.

6. Member
    See... learn something new.

But are y'all saying they are indeed "daisy chained". That'd require 2 lines per caliper, except #4, where a single line comes in, and a bleeder on the other side. IOW's... a line going from the master cylinder to caliper 1, then out of 1 to caliper 2, out of there to 3, then out of 3 to 4.

Of course it'd work, but I'd hate to have air in caliper 1 and have to push it across that axle to the other end, out that caliper, then on to the next axle, through the first caliper, then all the way across that axle to the last caliper before exiting the system. That's a LOT of pumping the master cylinder for a single bubble of air.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

7. Member
    Buy a brake bleeder kit from harbor frieght. I just did mine last week. Opened bleeder, hooked up suction tube and reservoir, then sucked fluid through. Took a big bottle of brake fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsyhog View Post
    Buy a brake bleeder kit from harbor frieght. I just did mine last week. Opened bleeder, hooked up suction tube and reservoir, then sucked fluid through. Took a big bottle of brake fluid.
    Could you link which bleeder kit you used?

9. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsyhog View Post

Thank you!