Thread: New rig

Banned

New rig

I am thinking seriously about buyin a new rig. I have not purchased a new bass boat only used. May be my last at 59 yr old. Was not considering Phoenix until I fished as a co in a 920. Boat fished great and rode very well and we outran most of the boats. I like the quality of what I saw. I want a 4 stroke and it doesn't look like SHO coming from factory. Any of you have experience with the new Merc? I have a 250 Verado on my saltwater boat and like it a lot. Also is there a link to explaining what is the difference in models? Thanks

2. Member
    They are defintely available with a Yamaha, depending on your dealer. The issue is the lead time of getting the motor, but that is also an issue with the new Mercury 4 stroke right now. I have been told that Phoenix won't start building a hull until they have the motor for it on the floor, which is why some guys have had such a long wait time on an order and probably why you cant find a stock model with a SHO.

Everyone has their preference, but with as much as we have to pay for a new boat these days, I would make sure I got the boat I wanted and not let the wait time for a motor be the deciding factor. I'm sure Skeeter isn't having any trouble getting motors for their boats, but if it's a Phoenix that you want, it's worth the wait.
    2015 Phoenix 819

I just purchased a new 721 w/ a Merc mid March. I found one I really liked in dealer stock so no wait time. But while I was looking I did see a few with SHO's, so there are some out there. I guess it depends on how far you are willing to drive. I see your from S.C., I actually bought mine in your area.
    721 ​ProXp

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bngolfen View Post
    I am thinking seriously about buyin a new rig. I have not purchased a new bass boat only used. May be my last at 59 yr old. Was not considering Phoenix until I fished as a co in a 920. Boat fished great and rode very well and we outran most of the boats. I like the quality of what I saw. I want a 4 stroke and it doesn't look like SHO coming from factory. Any of you have experience with the new Merc? I have a 250 Verado on my saltwater boat and like it a lot. Also is there a link to explaining what is the difference in models? Thanks
    Make sure you know what you want. I went Phoenix because a lot of what I wanted was standard equipment. Up graded depthfinders linked together is a plus. Also up graded the trolling motor to the Ultrex. They will set the boat up for you to whatever you like. If I have a question I have emailed the folks at Phoenix and they answered any and all questions. Still breaking in the Merc 4 stroke, so far I am impressed. Mercury has done their homework! Waited 4 months for the boat, motor was the hold up. Glad I waited! Get what you want.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

5. Member
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

6. Banned
    thanks I am looking and did talk to a sales person today at a Phoenix dealership.

7. Member
    I'm into my 5th Phoenix and had the 6th on order until just recently when my doctor told me I needed a shoulder surgery and rehab on my back/neck so my 2019 921 is listed on BBC for sale. Only 28 hours on the 2019 Merc 250 Pro XS 4-stroke w/extended warranty. It's like new but at a used price without any taxes. I'm happy to send you a walk around video if you'd like. I can sell without the lithium battery and prop for less. Sam Sherwood 480-707-9032. Call or text. Runs 74 mph w/3 guys, tackle and full fuel in MX. Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Scraps
    You can't be far from Palmetto Boat which I think is a Yammy dealer???? Look up Paul Gettys, thought his rig had a SHO.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    You can't be far from Palmetto Boat which I think is a Yammy dealer???? .
    yes sir they sell both, that's where I purchased
    721 ​ProXp

10. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by jdupre View Post
    yes sir they sell both, that's where I purchased
    I got prices from them. But was disappointed with my salesman, didn't know much about the boats and went elsewhere. I've heard this is untypical for Palmetto. But I noticed they always have a good selection in their inventory.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

They were great to deal with from first phone call until the final step . The salesman and their customer relations was top notch. Definitely would recommend them. Christian was the salesman and I dealt with and John (customer relations) I drove 10-1/2 hrs to get there and before I left these guys took me on Hartwell and we went through everything for 2 hrs. Made sure I was satisfied and if I had any questions or concerns.
    721 ​ProXp