Ride, classic vs erya

Saw both side by side today, Classic was very impressive. Just by the eyeball test they really did not feel much different in size, Classic was noticeable wider at the trolling motor and bigger deck. For the cost the classic would be hard to pass up over the the high end models if you don’t care about all the bells and whistles.
    is there much difference in the ride in choppy water between the two?

2. Member
    I’d be curious to know as well. I believe there’s only an 8” difference in length.

3. Member
    I've owned a dozen bass cats and the Eyra has been my favorite, its definately a mid life crises boat, lol.
    I fish a lot by myself and I love the front deck great for going thru all the trees.
    hard to compare a premium model vs a non.
    A lot would be where you fish what type of water, do you fish with someone up front with you?
    In normal conditions you probably wont feel much ride difference

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjbubba View Post
    I've owned a dozen bass cats and the Eyra has been my favorite, its definately a mid life crises boat, lol.
    I fish a lot by myself and I love the front deck great for going thru all the trees.
    hard to compare a premium model vs a non.
    A lot would be where you fish what type of water, do you fish with someone up front with you?
    In normal conditions you probably wont feel much ride difference
    Just comparing a choppy to rough water ride in these 2, should be design and VE used in the Eyra, and a few inches. The premium models just give you more bells and whistles. So I thought this would be a good comparison.

i do have my son up front with me so size matters when it comes to the deck. The classic had clearly more room, longer and wider up front

5. Member
    The Classic is wider in the bow, but the Eyra has an overall wider beam. Stability while fishing will be slightly better in the Eyra, while the wider bow of the Classic will give more room for two angler up front.
    Handling and driving between the two will be very different. The design of the Eyra from the hull, to the cockpit is different from all the other models.
    The Eyra would also in excel in comparison to the Classic in heavy chop and rough water.
    There is a lot more to the Eyra than just bling as compared to the Classic.
    With that said, the Classic will meet and or exceed the needs a every tournament angler. The ego tends to make us want more!

I was sitting on my pier when a guy with a new Classic came trolling by with his two teenage sons. He said he loved the boat. It was also powered with a Merc 150. To each his own!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    I realize your question is to compare the Classic to the Eyra. I can only offer a comparison between the P2 & Eyra, as I've had each for several years now. I've heard that the Classic is similar in performance to the P2. If so, the P2 is a rocket out of the hole. No boat, no brand can even come close to a P2 from 0-50mph. Sure the P2 and Classic top out at 70-72mph....but by then you're so far ahead of anything and everything....it takes a while for them to catch you. As for ride...the Eyra is superior. It takes waves and rough water better, it turns like it's on rails. The Eyra can be driven at 75 with one hand, the P2 required 2 hands and your attention above 67-68. But it is fun !!!

As for 'quality'. My 2015 P2 was every bit as nicely finished as my 2018 Eyra. I do understand there are VE resin differences..but I didn't feel like I was getting subpar anything in the P2. BassCat quality is so good that anything you buy from them is superior to most anything else on the water.

FYI...I have sat in the Classic in a showroom, and love it's size and layout. I'd consider one for my next boat. It looks and feels that good.
    Last edited by FastCat04; 04-22-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

7. Member
    I have a 2018 Eyra and love everything about it. I looked at the new classic and it was nice. The only thing I can add to all the above is fuel capacity. I need a large fuel capacity so the classic was out for me. Both great boats.

8. Member
    I own an Eyra and have driven a new Classic. The Classic is a great boat especially for the money but the ride does not compare to the Eyra. The Eyra is in its own class, the way is handles, fishability, design, speed etc. The Classic will have a much better holeshot and acceleration but that is about where the advantages stop, other than the price range.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CKEyra View Post
    I own an Eyra and have driven a new Classic. The Classic is a great boat especially for the money but the ride does not compare to the Eyra. The Eyra is in its own class, the way is handles, fishability, design, speed etc. The Classic will have a much better holeshot and acceleration but that is about where the advantages stop, other than the price range.
    So the question is it $10-$15k better? That is kinda what I am basing it on, I understand the erya would be better but how much is the question.

10. Member
    Are you a weekend fisherman, fish when you want, fish only when the weather is nice? Or do you go when he TD says its time to go no matter the conditions? The Classic will do everything any other boat will do though how it is in certain conditions may set them apart. Don't get me wrong the classic will handle much of anything you throw at it, so will the Sabre for that matter ( smaller platform), but comfort and some extra ponies hanging off the back are always nice in the Eyra. Both are great boats, the eyra will definitely have better storage layout and a few more creature comforts as well as a premium package...that comes with a price. For the average weekend angler that fishes some club derbies or occasional larger event, the classic will do everything you want it to do.