Thread: Favorite jig

Favorite jig

Everybody’s favorite color and size flipping jig in dirty water....pads, scattered reeds, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by AnglinAbrams View Post
    Everybody’s favorite color and size flipping jig in dirty water....pads, scattered reeds, etc....
    Medlock jig or Fitzgerald. Black and Blue maybe make it a black with some red in the trailer for the dirty water

3. Banned
    If You want to fish IN the pads then this in the 1/4oz.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/MESU...e-MESURAP.html

Then the 1/2 oz. anywhere else.

This is the ONLY jig that I've found that can be fished IN the pads. You don't lose casting distance as it doesn't 'stick' in the "V" of the frond and You won't have to 'tip & yank' to get shorted of casting distance. The head design allows it to 'creep' over/through the pads.

They sell a head to where You can make Your own jigs and I've never used them (they look different)

But the jigs I will co-sign.

•CON•

They're skirts are installed using a rubber band vs. a wire tie. I've had at least 1 tied on since late 2017 and haven't had to replace/toss a jig yet.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I prefer an Irish jig,

5. Banned
    Looks as if 'Biff' and 'Marty' are working up an appetite for some S'Mores™?

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    For Flipping I use the Strike King Biffle jig, but I took Lew’s advice and throw the Mesu 90% of the time. They’re great in pads and grass. As for the skirt...while I like a skirt that come off easily in some circumstances, not while fishing! I take some hobby wire and wrap them on. They don’t budge after that.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Banned

8. Scraps
    Used to do really well on a Booyah, or even further back, the Santone jigs seemed to catch more than others. All 3/8oz.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Why did you take a photo of the President of NAMBLA?
    At least that guy fish's though.
    Question everything!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    Why did you take a photo of the President of NAMBLA?
    At least that guy fish's though.

Sven Yanovich dropped off a couple pairs of what He called "swimmers"? I thought they were going to be Anchovie's to put on some Pizza; then I remembered Y'all needed to head over to The Whack Shack and pic up the mail. He dropped off a 36 and a 38 saying something about pasta, is this a European thing?

20190310_M_KimonosSwimUnderwearPonchos_SpringShoot_HouseboatPool_MLR_CA5A4576_600x600.0.jpg

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow Lew, you take care of yourself! I’ll still take the one on the left....god I hope that’s a woman!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV