Experts with Installing Electronics

Looking for some suggestions on finding someone to install my Lowrance electronics on a BassCat I just bought. My first preference would be to find a local guru that is looming for a side job. I know I’m not far from D&R but I’m hoping for a different option. Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thanks!

2. Member
    What's preventing you from doing it yourself? Go by a fish tape from Harbor Freight for less than $10 and its a great way to get to know your new boat. That way if you do have a problem down the road, you know exactly where every wire runs and how to get to them.

3. Member
    I appreciate the response. I’ve been thinking about giving it an attempt myself I just do t want to screw anything up. Looks like it might come down to that.

4. Member
    Before you buy a fish tape, check and see if the cat's at Basscat ran any pulling lines. If they did the job is super easy then. Either way, just run a few extra lines while pulling the wires to make any future jobs that much easier. If you don't want to monkey with the fuse panel, Blue Seas make a terminal mount fuse box and bus bar, mount it on your cranking battery and call it a day.

5. Member
    Depending on what your mounting options are for transducers, you could always run all the cables yourself and then just have your dealer or another shop actually mount the transducers to the hull. From my experience, the dealer will probably take just as much time to run the cables as you will since its something usually pawned off on the least experienced guys. So if you think it will take you five hours to find all the passages and pull everything through (and then redo it when you pull something through backwards and have to redo it, or find the right order for running each cable based on connector size so they will all eventually fit), why pay for those hours of labor? The only skilled part is getting the transducers mounted right the first time, and even then there's no guarantee they won't have to be adjusted.

6. Member
    Installed the trolling motor, sonar, point one, etc on my own. Took some time, but I figure I am the owner and a perfectionist when it comes to my own stuff. I ran one main RF shielded power chord to a fuse box up at the console. Rain my NEMA 2000 and transducer cable also. Added a Point One antenna later and ran that. Installed a quick release base and Motor Guide. Yes it will take you some time, but there are plenty of guys on the forum who have done it if you have any questions. Also read the owner and installation manuals several times.

7. Banned
    Do it yourself that way if there is a problem you know how everything is installed. Lots of articles and You Tube videos out there. I see many guys at the lake when something goes wrong they have no idea what to do and there day is over.

8. Banned
    I am in GR. I can help.

9. Member
    Contact Timm Vanderhill on Facebook, He personally rigs KVD and Zona's boat. He lives out your way. Tell him Joe D sent you. He's top notch.
    Grand Pointe Marina Pro-Staff
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro Package
    250 PRO XS Mercury 4 Stroke
    Precision Sonar
    Nitro Boats