Thread: Pro xs 200 oil

Pro xs 200 oil

Best oil for 200 hp pro xs Optimax?

2. Member
    Mercury recommends using the Mercury DFI or Quicksilver DFI oil (same oil) different label. If that oil isn't available they state use Quicksilver Premium Plus. A lot of folks run their own brand. I use what's recommended.

3. Member
    I just purchased a z8 that is running the standard quicksilver 2 stroke synthetic you get at Walmart but would like to change to the dfi, any recommendations on what to do? Flush out the old oil or can I just add to what is currently being used?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankgun View Post
    I just purchased a z8 that is running the standard quicksilver 2 stroke synthetic you get at Walmart but would like to change to the dfi, any recommendations on what to do? Flush out the old oil or can I just add to what is currently being used?
    i dont think it would hurt anything to mix the oil. Run the tank down a bit then switch over

also post your question on the mercury high performance forum; 3.0 liter and up. More people should respond

5. Member
    ^^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................