Carpet replacement

Surely someone has DIY'd this process. Looks like it's 90% labor and 10% carpet. Lots of utube videos, but really nothing Champ specific. Any help is truly appeciated.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    You're right ... at least 90% labor. Need to get the old carpet off in good enough shape to use for patterns. Hardest job is removing the old glue off the fiberglass and aluminum. I re-carpeted the front deck of my 90 176 and think I'll leave it to the experts next time. There is a guy in Sanger that re-carpets boats that did a Ranger for one of my fishing buddies last year. He did a pretty respectable job. I've thought about talking to him when I get ready to re-carpet mine. I think Chris McClain at Classic Fiberglass in Sanger also re-carpets. I figure he's probably a bit higher than V's

http://vsboatcarpeting.com/
    https://www.classic-fiberglass.com/

3. Member
    Thanks Reggie, looks to be about 1500-1600, checked with both guys you mentioned as well as Lake Fork Carpet...who has 14 boats in waiting! At 65, I'm not sure I want to take it on, especially the insides of the compartments.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Leave the rod locker carpet in tact as long as your aren't changing color.

5. Member
    Dont worry if you dont get pieces off in one while piece, I did it on my 202 and never used the old as a template. Just took my time over winter and did it section by section the console floor and rod lockers were by far the most technical areas, if you have any Construction background it's just like doing flooring.
    1997 Champion 202
    2001 OX66 225
    Tempest Plus 26
    Maxxum 101 LB
    Humminbird 999, 959, 999

6. Member
    I just had my Mean 15 done by the same Upolstery shop that did my convertible top, cost me $800.00 cash including the carpet. Just didn't replace the carpet inside any of the storage area's. even did the side guides & steps of the trailer, including new wood. Took them 4 days & they do it all the time. My time is to valuable to be doing that, especially @ 60yrs old, lol.
    Robert Lafreniere
    Southern California

1986 CHAMPION Mean 15
    1986 Mercury 90hp Tower of Power
    1986 Mercury Thruster R28 24/12
    Twin Garmin Echomap Plus 73SV