Mercury XR6 water pressure help

Just recently acquired a boat with a Merc xr6 150. Just replaced the impeller and water pump but I'm getting zero reading from the pressure gauge on the dash. I tried tracing the line to see where it goes but I couldn't figure it out. Can someone tell me where the tap or the pick up is for this and where on the engine side would be a good place to start troubleshooting? Thanks in advanced!
    2000 Nitro 882
    Mercury XR6 150
    SN: 0T067432

2. Member
    I'm not a doctor but in my experience the issue more often than not is the gauge. You can probably verify the mechanical function of your gauge if you remove the tube from the back of the gauge and apply 15lbs of pressure from compressed air

Did the gauge work prior to servicing the impeller? Water coming out the pee-hole?
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

3. Member
    I don’t know specifically on your moto but on mine there is a barbed fitting below the starboard head where mine is connected. The other spot I hear commonly is on top of the block between the two heads or teed into the thermostat hoses.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

4. Member
    I'll take a look in both those places if I have time tomorrow. Thanks.

5. Member
    hose from top of block to poppet needs to be close to top fitting, not stat hoses
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    on my 2000 XR6 the water pressure gauge attachment is between the heads at the bottom of the block. Uses a quick connect style fitting with small diameter hose.
    Inside my rigging hose is a splice also, that goes from the small hose to the slightly larger diameter white hose to the gauge. (there are actually two of them, one is for speedo the other is for water pressure).

FYI, it is on an Nitro 882 also.
    Last edited by moetorola; 04-17-2019 at 08:43 AM.

7. Member
    somelater models had fitting tapped into divider plate
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................