Completed My Second Fitting

I returned to the same club fitter who did my first one, which was 4 years ago. I had a steep swing plane during the first fitting, so my lie angle was built to match....oh, how things have changed, my swing has improved and is much flatter. Shaft length and weight remained unchanged, but my lie angle needed adjusted 3 degrees flatter, which is quite a change. I had been pulling shots left with my current set, but once the lie angle was adjusted the flight path was corrected. Once we got the lie angle adjusted he put an Apex club head on the shaft, a 7 iron, and it was a thing of beauty. I wanted to marry that club right there on the spot.

So new irons will consist of the the Apex irons, 6-AW, 120 gram true temper elevate tour shafts, Winn Dri-tac grips. My 56 degree and 60 degree wedges are the Mack Daddy PM grind. These wedges look nothing like a normal wedge, as Phil was instrumental in their design, but I love them.

Then I went through a putter fitting. Discovered I was standing to far away from the ball and I am an arc path putter. Moved closer to the ball, handed a mallet putter with toe weight and an s bend shaft. As it was explained to me, Arc swingers need the toe weight and s bend shaft to keep the putter face square at impact. Tried 3 different models and fell in love with the Odyssey Las Vegas Toulon putter and I ordered it to my specs.

Another great experience from a golf digest top 100 fitter. From start to finish, the entire process took 2 hours and 38 minutes. I should have my new clubs in about 10 days.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

2. Member
    Where did get fit? I've got a putter fitting scheduled for tomorrow at Club Champion.

3. Member
    I've been looking at the Apex 19 irons as well, there's a Callaway demo event coming later this month, i'm looking forward to hitting the full set. Right now I can't make my mind up between the Apex and the Taylormade 790's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Where did get fit? I've got a putter fitting scheduled for tomorrow at Club Champion.
    http://www.mcgolf.net/

Enjoy the putter fitting. I listen to the CEO of club champion speak on the PGA channel on Siriurs XM...the man runs a great company and personally helps teach each fitter.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    http://www.mcgolf.net/

Enjoy the putter fitting. I listen to the CEO of club champion speak on the PGA channel on Siriurs XM...the man runs a great company and personally helps teach each fitter.
    Honestly, the putter fitting is kind of a rip off. If I was actually in the market for a new putter it maybe a little better. I've got a new scotty newport 2 that I put well with, I took it with me. He put the "analyzer" on the shaft and I hit my 7 balls. it shows my swing path is a slight arc with a loop at the backside... He confirmed the loft and lie were correct for a stock putter. Then he showed me that the standard loft is 3* and I deloft it 2.6 so my eff. loft is only .4, and my toe was up at impact. So he adjusted my lie down to 68* and my loft up to 4.5 and it actually made quite a difference. He answered all my questions, and I assumed my putter needed some tweaking but all in all it wasn't really worth it. They charge $100 for an hour, and $10 to adjust it, I was there for maybe 20 min. Thats the only part I'm really not pleased with, but they are the only one in town who could do this so... it is what it is. The driver fitting does seem like a much better deal though.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829