Pro Tech vs Wrapping

I have an 06 Ranger that has seen better days as far as the gel coat goes. I have received several 3M 1080 wrap samples in various colors and was about ready to pull the trigger and order the wrap material (around $400). Yesterday I changed directions and ordered the Restoration Care Kit from Pro Tech ($59.95). It may be a month before I get it done but I'll post some before and after pics.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

Restoring the gel should always be the first option in my opinion. I “some” cases if the gel is really shot and can’t be brought back the wrap material will not adhere unless the gel is sanded smooth....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    I'd also try restoring before wrapping. You should be impressed with Pro-Tec. I bought a 2002 Skeeter 2 years ago with REALLY bad oxidation on top cap (first pic). I removed all the fittings, wet sanded and compounded it, then polished, then waxed it, then did it all over again the next winter. It turned out really good, but I still wasn't happy with the shine. So last week I did the Pro-Tec treatment....AMAZING differenceoriginal.JPGDSC02865.JPGDSC02870.JPGDSC02877.JPG. Follow the instructions, after the 2nd coat of sealer is when it really shows.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    I'd also try restoring before wrapping. You should be impressed with Pro-Tec. I bought a 2002 Skeeter 2 years ago with REALLY bad oxidation on top cap (first pic). I removed all the fittings, wet sanded and compounded it, then polished, then waxed it, then did it all over again the next winter. It turned out really good, but I still wasn't happy with the shine. So last week I did the Pro-Tec treatment....AMAZING differenceoriginal.JPGDSC02865.JPGDSC02870.JPGDSC02877.JPG. Follow the instructions, after the 2nd coat of sealer is when it really shows.
    Hopefully mine turn out that good. Looks awesome.

Have a good one and thank God for it!