Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    i’d sell him My levante launcher for $150 so I can get a 2nd gen launcher

There are no second gen Launcher in the Levante series.

2. Member
    Thanks guys but I went with the Falcon Lowrider XD Cranker. I figured for $100 that was a good place to gauge if I needed a larger rod rather than spending $200 out of the gate and not liking it.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    There are no second gen Launcher in the Levante series.
    dang. Really? Why did they do away with that model?

No glass/composite rods in Levante series for now. Some may be added in the near future. I think with the crazy success of the new Levantes that it's reasonable to expect some new additions if that success continues. There will not he any glass rods though.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 04-21-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Because the new 2018 XX Lanucher is so bad *** they didn't need one in the Levante line up Just joking about that being the reason, but I'm not joking about the excellence of the newly redesigned Launcher. It's one piece and can actually handle a 10XD down to a 6XD type bait very nicely. Yes it is a $299 rod however and worth every penny if you like deep cranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Because the new 2018 XX Lanucher is so bad *** they didn't need one in the Levante line up Just joking about that being the reason, but I'm not joking about the excellence of the newly redesigned Launcher. It's one piece and can actually handle a 10XD down to a 6XD type bait very nicely. Yes it is a $299 rod however and worth every penny if you like deep cranking.

I love my Gen 2 XX Launcher. I have thrown light A rigs, mag square bills like the Grenade, and some 1 1/2 ounce swimbaits on it. Its an awesome rod!

7. Member
    i already have a levante launcher, a levante swingfire, 2 XX gen 1 launchers and a XX gen 1 swingfire. I deep crank more then anything. Jig fishing is my close 2nd.. actually the XX swingfire and XX launcher I got from you when they were on clearance.

the only second gen XX I have is the perfect pitch and it’s amazing. Is the second gen xx launcher really that much better then The first? I’m not a 10xd user.. more along the line of lucky craft d20’s, 3.5xd’s, duo g87 20a, megabass deep six, Livingston deep impact 18’s.

i already have a levante launcher, a levante swingfire, 2 XX gen 1 launchers and a XX gen 1 swingfire. I deep crank more then anything. Jig fishing is my close 2nd.. actually the XX swingfire and XX launcher I got from you when they were on clearance.

the only second gen XX I have is the perfect pitch and it’s amazing. Is the second gen xx launcher really that much better then The first? I’m not a 10xd user.. more along the line of lucky craft d20’s, 3.5xd’s, duo g87 20a, megabass deep six, Livingston deep impact 18’s.

I was a big fan of the g1 XX Launcher and I can say after fishing it side by side the g1 model that the g2 is an improvement big time. I love the new version a lot.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 04-16-2019 at 08:16 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I was a big fan of the g1 XX Launcher and I can say after fishing it side by side the g1 model that the g1 is an improvement big time. I love the new version a lot.

Pine, I think Mark meant to say the gen 2 is an improvement over the Gen 1. The gen 2 XX is like a totally different rod than the gen 1 Levante. The rod feels and loads completely different and you can really tell they wanted this to be a rod used for big treble hook baits. The blank seems to be much more responsive and loads better and seemingly deeper into the blank. In the past I always dreaded throwing big crankbaits like the 8 and 10xd because they wore me out. Even though its not the right time of the year to be throwing them....yet, I did tie on an 8 and 10xd shortly after I got the rod and it handles both with ease. In fact I have yet to find anything this rod is rated for that it doesnt handle with ease. Personally I think MB hit a home run with the changes to this rod.

Sorry for the typo.

falcon lowrider

Thanks for the heads up...I'm a fan of Dobyns and higher end Daiwa stuff but jumped at a lowrider for a deep crank rod at 100$. I only get a chance to fish that way 5-10 days a year so I think it's a good tool for that job

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goby View Post
    Thanks for the heads up...I'm a fan of Dobyns and higher end Daiwa stuff but jumped at a lowrider for a deep crank rod at 100$. I only get a chance to fish that way 5-10 days a year so I think it's a good tool for that job
    That was my rationale as well. Sadly the first one I received was defective. Looks like it had a huge glob or glue around the second eye. Sportsman’s Outfitters has been great though, shipped it back today and they are replacing it.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

14. Member
    Dang. Mark is gonna make me spend another $300 on a cranking rod.

It's better overall, but it's different as well. If you deep crank a lot, this rod is something you'd want to have in your arsenal. Megabass increased the power so that the 10XD can be fished effectively, but made it versatile enough that you can drop down to those 6's. If you've thought that you may want a little more power than what first generation model offers, especially for some of those harder pulling 20' runners, the current XX Launcher is a great choice. Stratos21XL makes a good case for the versatility of this rod too. Swim baits, umbrella rigs, etc. it can do a lot of work!

16. Member
    It's better overall, but it's different as well. If you deep crank a lot, this rod is something you'd want to have in your arsenal. Megabass increased the power so that the 10XD can be fished effectively, but made it versatile enough that you can drop down to those 6's. If you've thought that you may want a little more power than what first generation model offers, especially for some of those harder pulling 20' runners, the current XX Launcher is a great choice. Stratos21XL makes a good case for the versatility of this rod too. Swim baits, umbrella rigs, etc. it can do a lot of work!
    dang. Sounds like I need one soon.

btw, I love the orochi xxx black elseil 2 I got from you around Christmas for vision 110’s. The first fish I caught in it this season was a 4lb 9oz largemouth.. on a jerkbait. Very comfortable rod. I have a lews magnesium on it and it’s a super super light combo.

17. Banned
    I personally don't think there's a rod out there that can handle a 10xd right and go down to a 6xd it's a huge difference

18. Banned
    But I have the gen 1 launcher and it's an amazing rod for 6xd sounds like the new launcher may handle the 6through10xd very well I'd definitely go megabass for any treble hook bait I started with Loomis cranking rods went to dobyns now I am using the orochis and won't look back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12