N2k on Etec G2's to N2k Console graphs

I will be acquiring a 150HO EtecG2 sometime in June. I know my way around G1 Motors and the N2k Engine harness to N2k starter kit and then run engine data to a N2k Fish finder to display engine data. How does one accomplish this on the G2? Do they have a similar N2k Engine harness like the Etec G1 motors?

2. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    I would think so. Should just be the standard 4 pin connection right up next to the EMM.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    I would think so. Should just be the standard 4 pin connection right up next to the EMM.
    That is good to know it's there. Thanks!

Interesting, I talked to a Evinrude dealer and said an initial general rule it was not advised to connect N2k with the new G2's to display engine data on Fish finder/graphs. I found that unusual since it's a marine standard. Said there could be issues conflicting the EMMU unit on the motor. I wasn't sure he was trying to direct me to purchase the I-Command displays from BRP. Not going to debate that but will do more research.

4. Member
    I have a 3.5 cs on mine and i don't see any reason to put it on a graph. I opted for the speed sensor as well.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I believe the 3.5" display is NLA.

6. Member
    So are you able to connect directly to the existing NMEA G2 network or is there another way that it should be done

7. Member
    Connecting a G2 to any NMEA2K device is easier than a G1. They have a private and public network so no need for an extra harness, you just run a short harness from the backbone powered and info transmitted by the control head via the public network to a MFD and job done.

8. Member
    Thanks!! Good to know it’s easy

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post
    Interesting, I talked to a Evinrude dealer and said an initial general rule it was not advised to connect N2k with the new G2's to display engine data on Fish finder/graphs. I found that unusual since it's a marine standard. Said there could be issues conflicting the EMMU unit on the motor. I wasn't sure he was trying to direct me to purchase the I-Command displays from BRP. Not going to debate that but will do more research.
    This is not true, Evinrude has published bulletins supporting Lowrance and Garmin G2 integration which directly contradicts that statement.

Also, the original ICON 3.5cs has been discontinued. The Nautilus gauge can also be referred to as the ICON 3.5cs round. The Nautilus is a direct replacement for the original 3.5cs with the addition of a trim plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude57 View Post
    This is not true, Evinrude has published bulletins supporting Lowrance and Garmin G2 integration which directly contradicts that statement.

Also, the original ICON 3.5cs has been discontinued. The Nautilus gauge can also be referred to as the ICON 3.5cs round. The Nautilus is a direct replacement for the original 3.5cs with the addition of a trim plate.
    Duly noted, thank you.

Cool to know no N2k harness required per my understanding to Huey's comments and it relates to my Garmin electronics.