Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Congrats! Nice looking rig!
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

2. Member
    I wanted to post an update on my setup. It turns out there are not many 25P+ performance props for the Suzuki 140. Due to the small gear case design, it can only run small barrel props which narrows down the choices quickly. I was able to find a 25P Solas Titan HR3. From what I understand, Solas pitch designations are a bit underrated so I believe a 25P will compare closer to a 26 or 27 pitch in other prop brands. So far, my speed is up to 46.4 mph (GPS) with all my gear and full tank of gas, and bow lift is better as well. The Solas starts to slip badly around 5800 RPMs and 3/4 trim. RPMs continue to climb with trim, but speed does not. The rev limiter on the 140 is 6200 RPM. I think I can get a few more mph out of this prop with a motor height adjustment. I am certain more setback would help as well.

You have a 4 1/4 in gearcase? If so, Look at the TXP-OT4... Small barrel, large diameter, offered in tall pitchs that run stiff. Good lifting prop.

http://www.turbo-props.com/products/...p-ot4_txp4.php

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    I will keep an eye out for a good deal on a TXP-OT4. For the price, I have been impressed by the Solas Titan so far.

5. Member
    Ttt

6. Member
    You bought my boat. I traded it in for a Bay 20 DLX. If you check posts back in summer 2015 you'll see I spent some time on same problem. I'm not a speedster so I eventually gave up. The 26 prop really needs to be sent to a good prop guy. The 2 I had work on it didn't do well. Really the 25 also. I bought boat new and it had a 21 on it. Dealer didn't know proper size either. The gear ratio screws it for speed. Suzuki's are primarily designed for heavy boats not fast boats. I loved that boat but ultimately had to trade due to handycap issues. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melcs View Post
    You bought my boat. I traded it in for a Bay 20 DLX. If you check posts back in summer 2015 you'll see I spent some time on same problem. I'm not a speedster so I eventually gave up. The 26 prop really needs to be sent to a good prop guy. The 2 I had work on it didn't do well. Really the 25 also. I bought boat new and it had a 21 on it. Dealer didn't know proper size either. The gear ratio screws it for speed. Suzuki's are primarily designed for heavy boats not fast boats. I loved that boat but ultimately had to trade due to handycap issues. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Great info to know! I have enjoyed the boat so far, but it is definitely not a speed demon.

8. Banned
    I have a 2017 Suzuki 140 on back of my Polarkraft TX195. The boat is not a speed demon (no pad) and I'm getting 52gps alone with gear (6200 rpms), and 50 GPS with passenger with gear (6200 rpms). I'm running a 14x23 pitch stainless suzuki 3 blade prop.
    Fantastic holeshot, great midrange, and at wot, getting top of rpm tear.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    I have a 2017 Suzuki 140 on back of my Polarkraft TX195. The boat is not a speed demon (no pad) and I'm getting 52gps alone with gear (6200 rpms), and 50 GPS with passenger with gear (6200 rpms). I'm running a 14x23 pitch stainless suzuki 3 blade prop.
    Fantastic holeshot, great midrange, and at wot, getting top of rpm tear.
    What size jackplate are you running? Those are good numbers.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 More Cast View Post
    What size jackplate are you running? Those are good numbers.
    No jackplate

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    No jackplate
    Interesting. I was just reading a thread on the mercury 4 stroke forum about how sometimes a jackplate can actually hurt top end speed. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1028631&page=2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12