Need help getting on plain

1994 SX200
    1994 Johnson Venom 200
    25p 4blade shooter prop
    Boat has a jack plate, I think it is 10”

when I give it throttle the boat stands up and takes FOREVER to get down on plain.
    Getting a top speed of 57 with 2 people.

Going to to check the motor to pad height, I was told that it should be 1.75.

Can anyone help.
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200
    1996 Johnson Venom 200 J200STLEDM

2. Pat Goff
    That's way too high for your motor with that prop. 3 1/2" and still might be high.
    That is a funny hull with funny ways, one of the two or three bass hulls that electric trim tabs would make a very large difference.
    It's also a porpoising nightmare and wants to slide through turns. Tabs will help both of those ills.
    If you put tabs on it, you could run a raker and pickup some decent MPH.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    I checked the prop or pad tonight and adjusted it as close to 3.5 as I could. It was less than 2 before I adjusted. Going to try the same prop next time out, hopefully this weekend. Then I want to try the Raker 3 blade. Thanks for the help so far
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200

4. Member
    Okay......

i went ant and ran the boat again with the 4blade 25p and then the 3 blade 24p. Same results. I noticed once I changed props that the 4 blade seems to have a huge gap between lower unit and prop, the raker 24p was more engaged with the lower unit.
    I cannot seem to get over 5k rpms and this boat is HARD TO DRIVE! It pulls hard to the right when trying to run wot.
    Boat is still taking a long time to get on plain. It seems to do better with the 24p raker. The motor is all the way down adjustment wise on the Jackplate. I measured it and it is around 3.5” below pad.
    Anyone have numbers on this boat that have worked for them?
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200

5. Pat Goff
    Look, I don't like to call anyone's baby ugly.
    I've got experience setting up one of those hulls. It was not a fun ordeal.
    It looks cool, center console, nice layout, but it's got a evil hull. Skeeters first attempt at building a boat after Alan Stinson left, and it wasn't very successful.

We ended up rigging it with electric trim tabs, which cured the terrible holeshot, and the non ending porpoising. Nothing could cure the sliding in turns, or was it ever more than a 63 mph boat with a 200 on it. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but once you get the holeshot figured out, just go fishing.

22 worked raker will help your ills a lot.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

6. Member
    You must have this boat mixed up. This is a bass boat, not a center console. In 1994 the SX200 was a little different than the ZX200. The Z had more bells and whistles and had a Jackplate. The S had a splash well and no Jackplate. Now mine does have one aftermarket.
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200

7. Member
    check your fuel lines - I chased this for a year and finally found all the teflon liner back against the bulb.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

8. Pat Goff
    You are correct, I mistook it for the sk....
    SX is a much better hull, but it's never going to be a holeshot rocket. As suggested check your fuel lines and make sure you're running on all six. You need to prop so you're at 5,500 WFO. There's guys that can make the raker run much better than stock, find your motor height that works, keep coming down until you lose speed, then that's it.

THIS is the worst running bass boat ever built:
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

9. Member
    Hey my fishing partner has the exact same boat with a 94 200efi merc, hole shot is shit with his 14x24 Solas prop or a fury but we can get up to 70 with both of us in it on tourney day, I have ALOT of hours tuning the engine height, his jack plate is bottomed out but the motor is mounted on the second hole, his old prop was a stock merc stainless 14x24 but the hole shot with it was crazy fast but it was worked on ALOT over the years and wasn’t same as stock the blade ended up breaking off so he has to get the new one

10. Member
    His engine was set at 1.75 p2p when I started I noticed his motor wouldn’t trim up high enough, lowered engine to 3.25 p2p and boat ran way better but still had a issue maxing trim out before it was running at full ability had him get the wedges and now the thing is a mad machine we can out run most the 250s to our spots he has a 12” jack plate but we wish we could figure out the holeshot issue also it’s bothersom but he did gain about 10 mph overall after all the adjustments

11. Member
    I had that engine and it is a beast hen running right... One thing you can do that helps with hole shot and the porpoising is to add a good Foil to the back... CB makes the BEST. added on to my old Venom and I could run 18MPH on plane and never had an issue with bouncing all the way to 35MPH. Also really improved hole shot. It was out of the water above about 40MPH so doesn't affect top end. For top end speed you need the right prop. The nose should have lift so you need to lift the boat and have good traction. Might have good luck with the new Rx4 or even a Raker HO. Tempest is my go to 3 blade but I don't know enough about that hull...... Once you get hole shot and your trim fixed and some good number RPM/SPEED, I would call up Mark. That Person is a Wizard..

1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now