Need help opti 225 “oil pump fault”

Hello
    For the past 6 years my 225 opti operating at elevated speeds periodically would go into alarm with smart craft gage indicating “oil pump fault” motor would go into limp mode. I would have to turn motor off and back on and all would be fine, sometimes for rest of day or for 5 mins and it would happen again.

Ive had numerous merc mech hook up to motor and troubleshoot, none have found the culprit.

Oil pump works fine for pressure and flow, this is confirmed.

Oil tank on motor has proper level and alarm will come in.

There is no oil pump pressure sensor on a opti so please don’t post a response to replace “sensor”

oil cap cap on boat is secure and sealed and motor goes into alarm periodically.

anyone seen this before?

2. Member
    replaced pump yet ,try the 3.0L FORUM for more info on your mtr include ser number
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Going be an electrical problem. Try the 3L Forum (as Joe Suggested)... two more down the Forum List.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor