What Do You Guys Do ?

Ok, although I'm not a big fan of light line with a spinning rod in my hand, I got to admit the Z-Man TRD's flat catch fish when the bite goes south. My question, to all of those that use these brand of baits that fish in Hot 100 summer days like we have in Cali what do you store your baits in? I mean do you leave them in the bag they come in or do you take them out and put them in Plano box. I know that their better not to be put in a box with other brand of plastics because sometimes the fumes of other plastics don't play well. Looking at them in the plastic they look as if they could possible melt and fuse together, causing a mess not to mention the cost of the baits going down the drain. I'm interested what others are doing, I'm a neat freak when it comes to packing the boat and hate having to go through tons on loose bags in the bottom of the boat. Any way let me know what works for you, and thanks to all that respond.
    Steve from the soon to be Hot Central Valley Calif

2. Member
    Dont leave them in the bag, in a cup holder, in the sun.......been there, done that.........I either keep them in as cool a place as I can (center rod locker) or in my pocket..........
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

3. Member
    Thanks gwurzel, Yeah I kinda thought that too looking at them, if taken they might end up in the cooler next to the blue rockie cold ones lol
    Last edited by steveblack; 04-09-2019 at 07:22 PM.

4. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Haven't used the baits you mentioned, but i typically keep all of my baits/lures in the middle storage on the boat. Mixture of in the bag, and just in Plano boxes but separated. Never really had an issue with melting/warping of any sort.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

I’ve never had any problems with them melting from heat. I keep them in their original packing but occasionally leave them in a Plano. I don’t leave them in the direct sun but it gets plenty hot inside my storage lockers. Other than not mixing them with other plastics, I don’t use any special precautions.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Never had an issue with them melting even in the California heat. I always left them in the original bags. The bulk of them stayed in a speed bag on the deck of my kayak (direct sun) and the bags I was using laid in the sun on the deck. Never had a problem as long as they weren't mixed with any plastisol baits.

7. Member
    Thanks for all the input guys, yeah others have said to keep them in there own bags