Thread: Monroe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Monroe

I have a day tomarrow I can slip away a go fishing. Was considering lake Monroe is there anything that should make me change my mind.
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    its tough right now but this warm weather should be pulling them up

4. Member
    26 lbs is impressive!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    26 lbs is impressive!!!
    It is but look at all those zeros and 1's. Monroe is usually good for a few big bags the first couple weeks of April.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    It is but look at all those zeros and 1's. Monroe is usually good for a few big bags the first couple weeks of April.
    I saw those...and yes it's still early enough to see a few big ones and not many others.

7. Member
    Anyone try launching at Crooked ramp? I am guessing its not usable but I can dump my rig anywhere as long as I can find some parking.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 04-12-2019 at 09:04 AM.

I actually think you could use it Greg, just my opinion but I think it needs to be much higher before you'd have problems back there. The water isn't over the road going back or wasn't last week.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I actually think you could use it Greg, just my opinion but I think it needs to be much higher before you'd have problems back there. The water isn't over the road going back or wasn't last week.
    Thank you sir! Thats what I wanted to hear. I will take the jeep just in case I need to make those tight turns!

10. Member
    I launched at crooked creek last weekend. Water was at the top of the ramp making it tough but doable to get the boat to a dry section of ramp to get in and out of the boat. Water has gone down a bit so it should be easier.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

11. Member
    I thought that area was closed until 4/15...waterfowl resting area....? Just asking...

12. Member
    That's just absolutely terrible. Can't make excuses for it by saying it's getting ready to turn on or cold front or whatever. Wasn't that a 100 boat tournament? 8 boats catch a keeper. Bad weather conditions or not that's just ridiculous. Patoka ridiculous. I'm proud to be a Hoosier in every way except when talking bass fishing destinations with others.

But mad props to Peters and Ruster. That's incredible.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    That's just absolutely terrible. Can't make excuses for it by saying it's getting ready to turn on or cold front or whatever. Wasn't that a 100 boat tournament? 8 boats catch a keeper. Bad weather conditions or not that's just ridiculous. Patoka ridiculous. I'm proud to be a Hoosier in every way except when talking bass fishing destinations with others.

But mad props to Peters and Ruster. That's incredible.
    No that was a 18 boat tournament. Lol

14. Member
    Oh well that's different Don't I look like an arsw
    That makes me feel better

15. Member
    So much great cover underwater right now. Fish can be super scattered as also, I have seen a ton of new trees and red cedars in the lake from bank erosion. Can’t wait for the lake to get to normal.

16. Member
    I subbed for Mr. Peters in that tournament. There is nothing wrong with Monroe. It is as healthy as it can be. Fish are just in different stages depending on where you go.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hardestyeric View Post
    I subbed for Mr. Peters in that tournament. There is nothing wrong with Monroe. It is as healthy as it can be. Fish are just in different stages depending on where you go.
    Congrats man you guys smoked them!

And good news hear.

18. Member
    Thanks. It was a special day.

19. Member
    Be careful to judge the health of the lake on one bag....albeit a HUGE one! Most other anglers are really struggling on Monroe right now. The high water can and does put some great cover in the water, but it also spreads them out, and make them hard to find and get to. My dad and I had a pretty good day Saturday, but then I heard Sunday and Monday were really tough. The main lake is muddy, the slow side is clear....10 ft high...water is being dumped out but is at least warming. I think I'll go out and try my luck later today!

20. Member
    Agree. I get it. I'm just glad to hear people saying fish look healthy. If they are tough to find or get to because of high water so be it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast