Carpet direction

I had to order extra carpet from bass boat seats .com. Will the new carpet come rolled the same way (direction as my first roll? If not, how can I tell which direction the carpet is?

2. Member
    It is normally rolled end to end, not side to side. Brush your hand from one end to the other, then reverse the direction. That will show you which way the nap lays. Make sure that it lays the same. You can also just lay it on top of the first roll, there will be a definite color difference if it is reversed. Flip it and it should closely match the original.

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Member
    just look at the side, is simple. Like hair on a dogs back.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

5. Member
    I marked arrows on the underside of my carpet especially those that were cut for the lids etc...

6. Member
    I also put arrows on the back side. My dilemma was I had to order more carpet and wasn't sure how to make sure the second roll, was glued in the same direction

7. Member
    Ahhh well you can always lay it out with me hat u have already done and take some pics or walk around to determine which way the nap is laying. Mine was all one roll fortunately. Should be from end to end of the roll

8. Member
    Well, the good news is it came the same direction as the other roll. I had a hard time telling the difference. Thank everyone for the help.