Tabs that hold your dash in.

2003 triton tr21

Guys I need a fix for this.. Three of the four mounting tabs are broken. Is there anyone that has a fix or that minds selling me what fixed this issue?

Thanks!

2. Member
    I’ve never crawled under my console and looked, are the tabs on the console itself? And are they metal or glass?

3. Member
    It's the tabs holding the dash panel with your gauges in it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Tr 21 View Post
    It's the tabs holding the dash panel with your gauges in it.
    Are you speaking of the ones that made of vinyl ( or whatever material it is) that the nylon screw inserts are mounted in? And it will no longer hold the screw inserts?
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

5. Member
    Yes sir that would be it!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayc View Post
    Are you speaking of the ones that made of vinyl ( or whatever material it is) that the nylon screw inserts are mounted in? And it will no longer hold the screw inserts?
    There's only one tab still there. Looking to see if anyone else has experienced this.

7. Member
    I am just thinking out loud but I would think you could use some kind of epoxy to hold those inserts in. Maybe I’m not quite understanding the situation.

Pictures are with a thousand words................

9. Member
    My tabs also broke on the 2003 TR 20. The vinyl/plastic they used on those dashes is extremely cheap. I asked a Triton for a fix and all they offered was for me to buy the entire dash system from them. I made a license plate type bracket out of aluminum (can buy thin aluminum slats at Lowe’s or Home Depot) to put behind the dash. I made the rectangle bracket and then I epoxied it in to the back side of the vinyl/plastic. I had pre drilled the 4 holes for the screws. I bought the plastic inserts for the screws at Lowe’s. They snap into the holes in the aluminum bracket and the screws just screw into the plastic as yours used to do. I took an extra step and attached additional aluminum braces to secure the bracket to the fiberglass under the console. Because of the wiring and things that poke out behind your dash you will have to bend the aluminum braces to get them out of the way of everything before you secure them.

I had to end up with this fix after trying to replace the plastic clips several times which just continued to break.

I’m sure there are other fixes but this is what I ended up having to do.

10. Member
    ^^^ Did the exact same thing except tapped the holes in the aluminum and made a gauge plate out of star board. I have yet to figure out a decent fix for all the random factory screwed plastic crap on my Tr-22.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doyce View Post
    My tabs also broke on the 2003 TR 20. The vinyl/plastic they used on those dashes is extremely cheap. I asked a Triton for a fix and all they offered was for me to buy the entire dash system from them. I made a license plate type bracket out of aluminum (can buy thin aluminum slats at Lowe’s or Home Depot) to put behind the dash. I made the rectangle bracket and then I epoxied it in to the back side of the vinyl/plastic. I had pre drilled the 4 holes for the screws. I bought the plastic inserts for the screws at Lowe’s. They snap into the holes in the aluminum bracket and the screws just screw into the plastic as yours used to do. I took an extra step and attached additional aluminum braces to secure the bracket to the fiberglass under the console. Because of the wiring and things that poke out behind your dash you will have to bend the aluminum braces to get them out of the way of everything before you secure them.

I had to end up with this fix after trying to replace the plastic clips several times which just continued to break.

I’m sure there are other fixes but this is what I ended up having to do.
    Sounds like I need to get to work! Thanks!! Those tabs are just a terrible design.