Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyG1 View Post
    DTS,
    The new Gambler is 20'7", which is what the 2100 was.
    We are looking at manufacturing the following;
    Gambler 20'7" DC and SC
    Gambler 21'9" DC and SC
    Sterling 21'9" DC
    Scotty, thanks for the reply! Definitely looking forward for what’s to come!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm fine as long as Johnny Morris doesn't touch them!

3. Member
    ScottyG1 are you keeping the name as Sterling or hopefully calling the what they really are GAMBLER. My thoughts are bob lost some fans including myself with the new name which coincided with their getting heavily into the bay/flats boat market. As an former gambler dealer I would love to see some homage to the past and its heritage.

4. Member
    Merc Doc,
    Hat Creek Marine Corporation will continue to build the 22' Sterling Bass Boat as Bob did. We are bringing the name Gambler back into the market with the following:
    Gambler 20'7" SC and DC
    Gambler 21'9" SC and DC
    The 20'7" will have the newest hull design with some old school look above the rub rail. I'm a big fan of new technology with old school style.
    We are looking at having the new website available this June.

5. Member
    Can't wait to see the website!
    1993 Gambler 206

6. Member
    Are you going to assume the warranty liabilities of previously sold boats? I've got a '95 209 that the carpet is starting to wear out on and I thinks that's a little early for carpet failure. Also while my boat is at your shop getting the carpet replaced under warranty could you take a look at the stern light I think it's burned out and if so that's crazy the boat is only 24 years old. Bulb should'a lasted 25 years minimum. Also... the pedestal seats don't work anymore - could you take a look at those too. I think it's great we finally have a Gambler/Sterling manufacturer that puts customer service first!!!

7. Member
    I like funny people. Sounds like you need a new boat from this century. It just so happens I know a guy and could hook you up.

8. Member
    I like funny people. Sounds like you need a new boat from this century. It just so happens I know a guy and could hook you up.
    We'll let you get all situated and the wrinkles ironed out. Then maybe we'll be talkin'....

I’m willing to apply for the first sponsorship!
    where do I mail my resume’?
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    I’m willing to apply for the first sponsorship!
    Hold on just a minute. I'm the first to post about the new owners. I think I should be the one to get the first sponsorship ride.
    Besides you already have a Sterling. Let one of us little Gambler guys have a shot at a new ride.

11. Member
    There is enough for everybody for a nominal fee. LOL
    All joking aside Hat Creek Marine will always offer Sterling factory direct only and the Gamblers will be factory direct until we get a dealer network established.
    With the Sterling Bass Boat we are looking to dramatically reducing the build time. My wife and I are looking forward to meeting all the previous, current and future Gambler owners.

12. Member
    With the Sterling Bass Boat we are looking to dramatically reducing the build time.
    Just be careful reducing the build time. Bob did that with some of the 209 hulls and it ended up reducing build quality on a number of the hulls.

Do you already have facilities, employees??? Are you using the same suppliers that Bob did? How many molds of each model? Quite an undertaking you've got going. Not sure I'd wanna tackle it.

And a word to all those scrambling to get a sponsorship ride. YOU AIN'T GETTING NUTTIN' 'TIL MY WARRANTY WORK IS DONE!

There is enough for everybody for a nominal fee. LOL
    All joking aside Hat Creek Marine will always offer Sterling factory direct only and the Gamblers will be factory direct until we get a dealer network established.
    With the Sterling Bass Boat we are looking to dramatically reducing the build time. My wife and I are looking forward to meeting all the previous, current and future Gambler owners.
    That is good to hear.....maybe a Gambler/Sterling rally to meet the old and new family. Would love a road trip to SC just not sure if my wallet would like it....

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil red 02 View Post
    That is good to hear.....maybe a Gambler/Sterling rally to meet the old and new family. Would love a road trip to SC just not sure if my wallet would like it....
    Scotty, If you setup a rally in NE florida you will capture a VERY large portion of Gambler and Sterling owners in one shot!

Cmon Fl boys.....convoy to SC

16. Member
    Santee would be great for me. I could make it in about 5 hours instead of 10 hours it takes me to get to Florida. We could tour the new factory and fish some great bass water.

^^^^yes sir, thats what Im talking about lets get a G rally together.....the midwest rally was the most fun I have had with my clothes on

So lets do a Southern rally or whatever, maybe some of the people from all over would make it if the new owners got behind it. I rebuilt my trailer so its road trip ready....

And it shows me 5hrs out also

19. Member
    A Southern G-Rally put on by ScottyG the new owner has a nice ring to it, Lol.

20. Member
    I'm in the middle of rebuilding an old tandem Skeeter trailer for my Intimidator 2000 series. For the life of me I don't understand why someone would order a 20 ft. boat as heavy as a Gambler with only a single axle trailer. I've had my G for 5 years now and had to replace the wheel bearings 4 times. The last time it took out the spindle too. Maybe by the time they open the new shop and plan a rally it'll be ready to roll.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast