Z21 trolling battery disconnect

My first Nitro, don’t see a switch(breaker) in the rear compartment to shut off the 36 volts. Looks like 50A buss fuses on each battery then to the plug at foot pedal. Un plugging is not easy access. Am I missing something?

No switch in my nitro, but there is a breaker in mine and no fuses, Hope nitro didn't cheep this on new ones. I hardly ever unplug my TM
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Never been one. I direct wire my TMs, on every boat I have owned, think I have owned 7 different Nitros, Never had an issue. I use the switch on the TM to turn off power.

U can add one easily if u need to, but I don't think its needed.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    All trolling motor manufacturers recommend that the power be switched off while charging batteries.

5. Member
    Just turn off the switch on side of your foot pedal
    2017 NITRO Z21
    250 MERCURY PRO XS
    POWER POLE BLADES
    LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    PRECISION SONAR MOUNTS

The reason for full disconnect was arc protection. All or most switches are vulnerable to this. Its rare on a dc system.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Not as rare as when the ASC for your Ultrex wants to see the 60A breaker/disconnect and you don’t have one. Unplugged when charging is the answer, if you ever need it.

Wash... the switch on the TM doesn’t interrupt the higher voltages during charge process.

8. Member
    My Z20 came with a 24v trolling motor and a 50amp breaker. I installed a 36V Ultrex and replaced the breaker with a 60amp Bussman Breaker. It also serves as a disconnect with just the push of a button. I always kill the power when I get off the water. I'll attach a link to the breaker i use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure we would all like to know what comes from this.
    Last edited by BMCD; 04-10-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Bryan
    Not sure what your saying? I’ve owned 11 Bass boats over the years, all 20 or 21’. I’ve never had one that didn’t have a cut off/breaker. Possibly not a requirement if you have a plug...that you can unplug and plug back in without standing on your head to access.

Just saying want to hear if they wont warranty your tm issue. Owned 2 less then you all 21 ft. Never had a tm cutoff switch that was not on the TM. And I have never had one with a plug, always hard wired.
    Last edited by BMCD; 04-15-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    ASC repaired it under warranty but told me I need to remove power before plugging in charger. That was my Fortrex, installed new Ultrex and can unplug as I’m leaving the cup holder accessory off.

Bryan
    Im very pleased with my Z21! Last 7 boats were Rangers and I like this boat best. Also, appreciate your advise on here. Thank you.

13. Member
    The plug is a PIA to pull on the z21. I do have the accessory tray still in which I should pull but nitro did a hack job when they screwed it in from factory. The tray hides their carelessness
    Nitro z21