Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a note about ramp permits on NC Wildlife ramps..citations are being given.

If your group is having a tournament out of any NC Wildlife Ramp in the state you must have a permit.
    Also, you have to pay a fee and obtain another permit from the Corps at Kerr Lake for a tournament at any NC Wildlife Ramp.

Due to the increasing activity of tournaments, the officers are checking permits and giving citations if needed.
    Below is the info on this and tournaments from Out of State also need to be aware of this.

Nobody needs to get a citation.

Plan your tournaments and get your permits so there are no problems at the ramps at 5 in the am!!!
    This applies to NC Wildlife ramps only...State Parks is another horse.

Be sure and have your permits from the Wildlife Commission!

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Boating/W...g-Access-Areas

I eat most night tournaments or fruit jar tournaments don’t have a permit.

3. Banned
    You don’t need one to eat out fruit jar at night

4. Member
    correct me if i am wrong but if you have 15 or less boats you dont need a permit

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Horton View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but if you have 15 or less boats you dont need a permit
    You need one but it is free and a blanket permit for all year.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    Anthony you are wrong...quote from the NCWRC page....For weigh-in permits authorizing fewer than 15 boats, the request period begins on November 1 and the authorizations remain valid until December 31 of the following year. These permits are issued as blanket authorizations and do not require an event date nor location. If you have several events within the same year, it is best to combine all the dates onto one permit when applying online.

Problems are arising when groups with a 15 boat permit show up with 40 boats on top of a large trail that has the ramp reserved. A bigger problem is that sometimes more than one 15 permit holder groups with more that 15 boats each show up on top of the large trails....If everyone checked to see if a larger trail was coming, maybe this wouldn't happen. Happens all the time and the wildlife officers are getting the complaints and are starting to enforce.

7. Member
    The complaints are probably coming from the ski boat joy riders who are mad because us bass boat guys are taking up all the parking spots...
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

8. Banned
    I think wildlife people should have signs up at the entrance to the parking lots that dictate where vehicles should park that do not have trailers in tow.

I run a large trail...and I've never complained

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    I think wildlife people should have signs up at the entrance to the parking lots that dictate where vehicles should park that do not have trailers in tow.
    Those signs exists in a lot of locations.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

11. Banned
    Yes they need to be at every ramp location. Was at Crosspoint a week or so ago and they had the signs erected in great spots and very simply stated rules.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    Those signs exists in a lot of locations.
    And are usually ignored.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Called and spoke to the Ranger in charge. He said it was $25 for a one day tournament or $75 for a two day tournament for a ten boat field. Makes you wonder if they are trying to keep tournaments from coming there.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Called and spoke to the Ranger in charge. He said it was $25 for a one day tournament or $75 for a two day tournament for a ten boat field. Makes you wonder if they are trying to keep tournaments from coming there.
    Which Lake\Ramp. For less that 15 boats Falls and Harris have no fee. If you go to a Parks ramp on Jordan there is a fee but not at Poe's Ridge.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

In my earlier post, I passed the information I received from the CoE Parks Ranger Glenn Card. I followed up that conversation with a few phone calls to Raleigh this morning. I spoke to the Permitting Office and the Enforcement Division, both for the NCWRC. Neither had ever heard of these fees and additional permit requirements. The Enforcement Division recommended that I speak to the NCWRC Conservation Officer responsible for that specific area. I called NCWRC Conservation Officer Young and we discussed this very issue in great detail. He informed me that as long as we permitted by the NCWRC to hold our tournament at whatever NCWRC ramp, in this specific case Flemingtown, and that we all launch and recover from Flemingtown and that we conduct the weigh in on the NCWRC property (Flemingtown Landing ramp is confirmed to be NCWRC property)and that we have our NCWRC permit in possession, then we are legal and that we DO NOT need to pay to acquire any other permit from the CoE. Officer Young informed me that he is going to call Ranger Card to get to the bottom of this because he has no legal jurisdiction to charge permitted clubs/trails for using the NCWRC ramps nor does he have the legal jurisdiction to issue any citations or tickets on NCWRC property. Hope this helps.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

In my earlier post, I passed the information I received from the CoE Parks Ranger Glenn Card. I followed up that conversation with a few phone calls to Raleigh this morning. I spoke to the Permitting Office and the Enforcement Division, both for the NCWRC. Neither had ever heard of these fees and additional permit requirements. The Enforcement Division recommended that I speak to the NCWRC Conservation Officer responsible for that specific area. I called NCWRC Conservation Officer Young and we discussed this very issue in great detail. He informed me that as long as we permitted by the NCWRC to hold our tournament at whatever NCWRC ramp, in this specific case Flemingtown, and that we all launch and recover from Flemingtown and that we conduct the weigh in on the NCWRC property (Flemingtown Landing ramp is confirmed to be NCWRC property)and that we have our NCWRC permit in possession, then we are legal and that we DO NOT need to pay to acquire any other permit from the CoE. Officer Young informed me that he is going to call Ranger Card to get to the bottom of this because he has no legal jurisdiction to charge permitted clubs/trails for using the NCWRC ramps nor does he have the legal jurisdiction to issue any citations or tickets on NCWRC property. Hope this helps.

THIS IS SPOT on with what i've been told/ abiding by for 11 years of running a growing club to now the GASTON CATT TRAIL....
    and its easy to get the permit via phone...NO COST...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

17. Banned
    Funny how things are all assumed different depending on who you talk too. Glad to see it is turning out as i thought it should be.

Thats correct for the NCWRC ramps. But not all ramps on a lake are NCWRC. For example, the ramps on Jordan that are within the parks, like Ebeneezer, do fall under their jurisdiction and they can charge an additional fee. That could be the daily use fee or a tournament fee. So, when your discussing this with someone make certain you are clear about which ramps are in question as the rules differ depending on the ramp. It’s possible both the CoE ranger and the Parks official were correct due to everyone not being clear about which ramps your talking about. The State Park guy is probably not talking about CoE or NCWRC ramps and opposite would be true for the CoE guy.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Thats correct for the NCWRC ramps. But not all ramps on a lake are NCWRC. For example, the ramps on Jordan that are within the parks, like Ebeneezer, do fall under their jurisdiction and they can charge an additional fee. That could be the daily use fee or a tournament fee. So, when your discussing this with someone make certain you are clear about which ramps are in question as the rules differ depending on the ramp. It’s possible both the CoE ranger and the Parks official were correct due to everyone not being clear about which ramps your talking about. The State Park guy is probably not talking about CoE or NCWRC ramps and opposite would be true for the CoE guy.
    Sorry if I confused anyone with my post. The OP referenced the NCWRC Ramps at Kerr, this was all I was talking about, specifically the NCWRC ramps at Kerr. The CoE Park Ranger said that regardless of which ramp you use at Kerr, you have to pay for a permit from the CoE. Now on the other hand the NCWRC Conservation Officer said that the CoE is wrong and that if you are using anyone of the three NCWRC ramps at Kerr, then you just have to have your NCWRC issued permit. Both of these individuals that I spoke with I was very specific about Flemingtown Landing which is a NCWRC ramp, I was also very specific in that I have in my possession a NCWRC issued permit for Flemingtown Landing, so I doubt very seriously that both of these individuals were correct. Especially due to the fact that Officer Young said he was willing to come out to our weigh in to ensure there wouldn’t be any issues with the CoE for not acquiring one of their permits. Lastly, the CoE told me that he would pencil me in for the dates I told him for Flemingtown Landing, he said that after two weeks if he hasn’t received my check for $75 he would remove my name from those dates and give it to someone else. Here’s the funny thing, according to NCWRC Officer Young, the CoE has no legal authority to do that as they do not own Flemingtown Landing. Again, hope this helps and not trying to confuse anyone.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

According the the Corps's website, they do require a permit since 2016. It is possible the NCWRC is just uninformed. Government agencies are the best about keeping each other updated. FWIW, I held a tournament out of the for the last few years with no issues.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast