Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnriverhammer View Post
    Yeah I called my dealer and asked if it would void the warranty and they told me yes. They also said the first thing Yamaha will ask for in a warranty claim is a scan of the motor.
    Maybe you should find a new dealer. I know of several SHO’s that have blown with flashed ecu’s that have had the powerhead completely replaced under warranty with no questions. The ecu didn’t cause the powerhead failure.

2. Member
    But over-revving cant cause a motor to blow?

3. Member
    sent my ecu off and had it reflashed, i went from 225 to 300 with 6200 limiter. my boat went from running 69.7 to 77.5 with a t2-25p, swapped to a 4 blade bravo 1 26p and lost 1.5mph but holeshot and midrange is strong even the 3 blade the power difference is pretty big. my rpms before the swap was around 5650 is all i could get at 1.5" below pad, now it can run on the limiter with the 3 blade. thinking about adding some wedges, it has no rooster tail and its maxed out on the atlas and trim and at no time do I lose speed because I cant over trim any so I still think its got a little more speed wit the right prop and wedges. so far the best thing ive done is add the flash, totally different boat

4. Member
    But over-revving cant cause a motor to blow?
    Who’s over revving? When the limiter is raised it doesn’t register as an over rev. Computer just reads hours above 6000. It doesn’t get specific after 6000. With no rev limiter or a raised rev limiter you do t hit the limiter so it doesn’t register.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    Who’s over revving? When the limiter is raised it doesn’t register as an over rev. Computer just reads hours above 6000. It doesn’t get specific after 6000. With no rev limiter or a raised rev limiter you do t hit the limiter so it doesn’t register.
    So as long as they don't know you are over reving it is ok? And people wonder why the price of engines are going up. I don't think it's a problem to get a flash and stay within the RPM range. Because it is true that the only real difference between the 4.2l is how far the throttle plate opens. But to expect Yamaha to pay to fix engines that are pushed beyond what they say is a reliable RPM for that engine is crazy.

6. Member
    Do you work with yamaha on a regular basis?

7. Member
    Last edited by Brianmoore25; 08-06-2019 at 08:20 AM.

8. Member
    Do you work with yamaha on a regular basis?
    No but I have 3 friends at 3 different Yamaha dealerships with accces to the computers used for diagnostics. I have used the laptops to check my motor and compared the info to other motors with stock ecu’s. 1 of my friends owns one of the oldest Yamaha dealerships in Louisiana and he keeps me pretty well informed about anything I need to know or any questions I have. My ecu has been flashed since the first week I bought it. It currently has over 500 flawless hours on it.

you can see rpm if you data log but most dealers don't know how to do this. We have done over 500 flashes in 10 years and never seen a problem!

501 pretty soon... :)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashew Chicken View Post
    501 pretty soon... :)
    Don't have high expectations
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Don't have high expectations
    Why? You did not get the results you expected

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123