Let's talk tackle configuration

Evening guys. I'm curious to see/hear how you guys organize you boat as far as tackle goes??? I've only been out in mine a few times and am trying to find a system that makes sense. I'm so used to how I arranged things in my Sterling and Gamblers so I feel a bit lost. There is certainly more storage on this Allison so I realize that within itself creates part of what I'm talking about. I carry 3700's (4-8 depending on time of year) 3-4 plastic shoe boxes with my soft plastics. A deep 3700 for jigs, old school spinnerbait box. 15-20 rods. Would like to hear what you guys with XB 21 Pro's do. Pics are great as well if you want to text them my number is 252-714-8149. Thanks in advance,
    Craig
    Last edited by white gambler; 04-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.

2. Member
    I have been known to carry 12-3700's and 4 or 5 of the plastic shoebox totes as well as a few other bags and trays of tackle. Same for rods, I've had 12-15 in the boat at the same time. But I only have all that tackle in mine when I'm in the DUH! moment and don't know what I'll be catching fish on. Once I pattern for a season like Spring or summer I take most of the tackle out and lighten things up. More importantly for me is I don't like all the clutter. Here is how I organize mine day in and day out though. On the starboard side up front in the rod storage side I'll have 2 or 3 of the 3700's with jigs and pork trailers. I'll put no more than 6 rods in the tubes. On the port side up front I put misc. things like plastic trailers, 2 of the 3700 trays with a drop shot gear, hooks, sinkers, and maybe crankbaits and topwater. I keep a bigger plastic water resistant tote in the middle front compartment with sunscreen, keep alive, scissors, spools of line, etc. etc. I also keep a waterproof box with my registration and factory instructions for operating my trolling motor, fish finders, etc. in case I have trouble on the water. Starboard rear storage is reserved for my life preserver, extra clothes, rain gear, spare prop, prop wrench and a 2X4 for changing the prop. I leave the port side rear for my passenger's gear and his life preserver. If I have no passenger I move things around to balance weight. I have used this system for years and I don't have to sit scratching my head as to which compartment has what....most of the time anyway! LOL

You have photos
    i have jigs, sinkers, and soft plastic of port side all light stuff on the starboard side. It seems to balance out. 44.5lbs on starboard side 67.4lbs port side.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

Since I have an XB21 Prosport I fish a little different. I keep 90% my tackle in the back of the boat. That is 12-15 3700 boxes and 3-4 large containers of plastics. I have 7-10 poles on the deck and 2 on each side holder in the middle/back of the boat. The front storage bin in front of the driver cannot be opened without moving all the rods. I stack 7 on the driver's side of the deck and 3 on the passenger in tournaments only. I have another 10 poles stashed away if I have to go to the bench....

Each pole is rigged with a certain presentation. In the bow I have one 3700 box and one plastic box to replenish each presentation as needed. I rarely go to the back of the boat for tackle. It is just used as a backup. Honestly, I don't think I have ever touched the tackle in the back of the boat. Maybe ballast is the better term for it.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

gotcha, it looks like the prosport is quite a bit different layout wise, and the 2+2 is somewhat similar to mine. Thanks. I'm looking for any feedback you guys can give me.

Oops, read Pro's and in my mind thought Prosport. My boat sucks compared to yours for fishing. You have to really like the looks and other qualities of a Prosport if you a fisherman. Luckily I do.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

7. Member
    I wouldn't say it sucks.... I gotta do some more fishin lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

8. Member
    UYZLjqTl.jpg

There are two small spinner bait boxes and two soft side bags in area between the planos in the fist picture.

uKkqpXjl.jpg

In the center box, I have a shallow tray and keep cull clips, pliers, a spool of extra line, bouys, super glue, and some other odd and ends. I don't have any of my tackle in the rear of the boat. I do put a passengers tackle in the rear port box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

9. Member
    I took out the factory installed rod holders in both the rod lockers. I store my rods in the port side locker (25-30 rods) and added a long Tupperware containers in the starboard and center front lockers. I keep all my soft plastics in large zip lock bags in the starboard locker and Plano 3700 boxes in the center compartment. Heavier items like spare prop, tools, co-anglers stuff in rear lockers.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Thanks guys for you guys that have responded so far.

Will the XB-21 tackle trays fit in the XB-2003 front storage?

12. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I would say yes. Only because every allison boat I've seen is a copy of every other in one way or another. Kdawg, take a measurement of the opening from inside lip to inside lip and post it. I'll measure my 21 openings and we'll compare.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I would say yes. Only because every allison boat I've seen is a copy of every other in one way or another. Kdawg, take a measurement of the opening from inside lip to inside lip and post it. I'll measure my 21 openings and we'll compare.
    I'll do that when I get home today.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Will the XB-21 tackle trays fit in the XB-2003 front storage?
    Yes. I have 3 or 4 and they work in my xb2003.

15. Member
    I did have to trim the edge a little because the lid would contact it.

16. Member
    What I'm going to do my other trays is heat the lip and bend it down some.