Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Night time spinnerbait with MOST thump/vibration??

Hey fellas, we night fish bass in the spring and Im looking for opinions on spinnerbaits with big thump?? I've tried several colarado bladed baits but none seem to feel any more vibration. Any suggestions?

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Order some blades and go bigger! Start with a 1/2oz or more if you’re going for the most thump. Go up 2 sizes with an aftermarket Colorado and you should be able to feel the blade like a chatterbait!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    you will see the biggest improvement by changing your line versus your spinnerbait. Run braid or flourocarbon vs mono. But if you looking for more thump in the bait, go with short arm vs long arm or a bigger blade. A good night spinnerbait with lot of thump is 1/2oz or 3/4 WarEagle. What line and bait are you using now?

4. Member
    I've ran bigger blades, I've tried war eagle, all work well but i had a no brand 3/4 ounce that really thumped but no idea brand and I lost it on,a tree. Ive cut arms shorter with no real differance. I run all 3 line types just can't get used to braids scritching sound through the guides.

5. BBC SPONSOR

Evilution Lures has one called the Vortex that makes some crazy commotion. It's not necessarily the hardest thump I've seen, but it's the most commotion I've seen. If you look at it you'll see right away what I mean I think. They have another with two arms that basically doubles that called the Cyclone. I came across this company as I'm having the owner make me something similar to the now-discontinued Evergreen D-Zone Fry...it helps that he's a really good dude.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

7. Member
    Stan Sloan Aggravator.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Member
    3/4 oz Spinnerbait, swap lead blade to Hillenbrandt Size 6 Colorado. You'll have carpal tunnel in 2 hours of throwing it..

9. Member
    +1 on stan sloan short arm. 5/8 oz

10. Member
    Bumpkinjigs.com used to make a "thumping bumpkin" night time spinnerbait that really thumps.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    +1 on stan sloan short arm. 5/8 oz
    Plus 2. Get on lureparts.com and order the #7 premium blades to put on. Same size the olders sloans came with. New ones have a smaller blade and IMO no where as productive

12. Member
    I’ve tried every blade out there Sloan,hilderbrant,ultravibe,pickens,even the elusive “k” blades from years ago and so far none has out thumped a hoppys emerald.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

you can flatten out the blade to give it more thump
    2017 Phoenix 919 Pro-XP 225 Mercury Pro-XS

14. rjw11111
    strike king midnite special with large chunk trailer

What's your water clarity like? The reason I ask is that the lake I like to fish at night is pretty clear, and I like to throw a double willow or tandem willow/Colorado at night. The reason I like it is that it goes through the milfoil much better. Milfoil is the negative side of clear water, and it's pretty hard to see it in the dark!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    What's your water clarity like? The reason I ask is that the lake I like to fish at night is pretty clear, and I like to throw a double willow or tandem willow/Colorado at night. The reason I like it is that it goes through the milfoil much better. Milfoil is the negative side of clear water, and it's pretty hard to see it in the dark!
    Sounds like chatterbait time to me....
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

17. Member
    I made some 3/4 ouncers last year with # 6 blades that thumped pretty good wether slow rolled or yoyoed & caught a bunch of big smallmouth on them. Thanks for reminding me to order parts to make more.

18. Member

19. Member
    I just bought one of these. Going to try it tomorrow. The blade is pretty large.

20. Member
    War Eagle used to make one they called the "Thumper". The blade was shaped like an arrowhead and that thing could move some water. I tried to find them and was going to post a link but they seem to be extinct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast