Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    we used to use some from War Eagle that had like a #5 or 6 Colorado blade. thing was like pulling a truck through the water but it had some thump to it that's for sure

2. Member
    Stan Sloans Zorro Baits Short Arm Aggravator. Been using it for years. Im a big spinnerbait guy. My favorite bait to use. I usually have 2 or 3 rigged laying on my deck at all tines. Ive also bought heads from Lure Parts Online and all the other components and bought bigger blades and put my own together. You might try it. Ive found it to be cheaper also.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

3. Member
    Might also try a big Indiana Blade
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

4. Member
    I'll add another one here: Showboat Lures Wobble Head. Wore out the smallmouth last night fishing offshore rockpiles and humps.

5. Member
    Buy the Rick Clunn Spinnerbait. Name says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide16 View Post
    Buy the Rick Clunn Spinnerbait. Name says it all.
    Who makes it? Luck-E-Strike...or somebody else? It's hard to find a source for Luck-E-Strike stuff online.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    Jewel makes a great night time spinnerbait.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

8. Member
    Strikezone Ledgebuster Nite Bite in 3/4 oz with a Kalin's Mogambo 6" single tail grub. Unlike others, I feel like having a longer, thin-wired arm makes for more thump. The Nite Bite has a #7 deep cup colorado blade. I have consistently had great luck with this spinnerbait/grub combo at night. Only problem is durability. The thin-wired arm is great at producing thump, but gets bent out of shape pretty easily. And even though this spinnerbait/grub combo makes this a large bait overall, I've caught 12-13 inch bass on it as well as some really nice fish. Some of the most vicious strikes I have ever had have come at night on this combo.

9. Member
    Tackle Warehouse has them. Just search Rick Clunn Spinnerbait
    Last edited by Rolltide16; 06-07-2019 at 06:16 PM.

10. Member
    edit
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 09-13-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Stan Sloan Aggravator.
    Been fishing these for years and for me it's the answer! Would be better with a pork #11, but can't have everything!

Years (and years) ago, I made a spinnerbait with the blade from a Panther Martin inline spinner on a "link" sort of thing. It was a vibrating fool. What I was actually trying to do was make it do a good vertical drop, but never perfected it. Still have some ideas to try that might work. Lure Parts has all that stuff, if you want to experiment with it.

Recently looked at the War Eagle spinnerbait line (likely on TW) and saw they have one with a single Colorado. That would do fine. But I really don't get it, because I have no problem feeling the thump of my WE double willow spinnerbaits (used one today and caught a nice 3-ish SM and lost another near the boat). I also use 40 lb. braid and have no problem feeling the thumps. I have also felt that "electric jolt" through the line & rod on a spinnerbait, and it was a LM in that instance. My SB rod is a (discontinued) $100 Denali Jade2 7' Medium crankbait rod. IMO, it is an awesome spinnerbait rod.

I would ask the OP if he is having a problem feeling the strike or if he thinks more thump will help draw more strikes? I don't personally think the fish will have a problem finding whatever spinnerbait you throw. You may have trouble feeling the strike, and more thump should definitely help with that. Or braid!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

13. Member
    I use two at night. I use a War Eagle 1/2oz w/trailer hook and a 3/4oz E-Factor(great baits) with a plastic trailer usually a paddle tail. For me, I throw both baits on an old green Curado and the speed with that reel seems to be just perfect. Kick my buddy's tail consistently on these baits. He will throw same bait, but doesn't have the reel.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

14. Member
    Cumberland pro lures.

15. Member
    Any spinnerbait; just change the blade to a 4.5 gold Hildebrandt Colorado blade (single blade). Your welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    I use two at night. I use a War Eagle 1/2oz w/trailer hook and a 3/4oz E-Factor(great baits) with a plastic trailer usually a paddle tail. For me, I throw both baits on an old green Curado and the speed with that reel seems to be just perfect. Kick my buddy's tail consistently on these baits. He will throw same bait, but doesn't have the reel.
    what is the spd of the real? Any real can be slowed down to some extent.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

17. Member
    Honestly, I don't know. They don't even make the reel anymore and it's not marked anywhere on it. I'm guessing it's a 7:1, possibly 6.4:1. Dark green and they sold for $150 10-12 years ago. I just know it seems to be perfect. Both my spinnerbait rods have one on em.
    Last edited by TableRock55; 06-24-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

18. Member
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Nute...ge-NTMEGA.html

if looking for vibration after dark, here's your huckleberry...

19. BBC SPONSOR Smoky Mountain Jigs's Avatar
    this is what i make. its 3/4 or 1oz lite wire with a pickens blade. made here in east tennesseeScreenshot_20200412-204256_Gallery.jpg
    Chris Owenby Owner
    Smoky Mountain Jigs.com
    Hand Tied Jigs, Spinnerbaits and much more
    2000 Skeeter zx202c - 200 Yamaha Vmax OX66 VX200TLRY

20. Member
    Terminator used to make a short arm single Colorado blade that used to get demolished at night and early mornings. It used to thump hard but don’t know how it compares to others. I wish it was still available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast