New skeeter ZX225 questions?

I am thinking about switching to a new zx225. I was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback on the new deck layout? Likes and dislikes? Also any feedback on the skeeter built trailer?

2. Member
    The new deck takes some getting used to. It has its pros and cons. Plenty of room for rods but if you plan to place planos in the center, it will take creativity. I stack my planos left to right in center and have satchels on the each side. Other than that, the rest of the layout is normal. Hull rides great.

The trailer is very quiet and stable. The torsion axles run true and smooth and can take an uneven incline well. Only thing i did with the trailer was add a magnetic lock out key for the surge brakes. Yes it has a reverse solenoid but the lock out will definitely not fail.
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    I bought a 19 last year. Trailer is solid, easy to load and built great. As far as the layout it takes getting used to. I put spinning rods in one and casting in the other then under them put all my Tupperware containers with extra baits and such. I use the Plano dividers 5 on each side and keep my go to stuff in the passengers side. All my plastics also fit on the passenger side box. The front right box then has extra clothes/rain gear. Back 2 boxes have boat essentials and life jackets.

Pluses:
    glove box
    day boxes
    plano organizers

negatives:
    cooler is a bad design

im still breaking mine in but light load it’s a hands free 70 mph boat, I’m still tweaking to get more but it seems 69-70 is about it factory

4. Member
    I took a look while I was at my dealer for maintenance oriented service. I have a 2016 ZX...I was not impressed with the new storage at all....just didn't fit my style of what I like to keep on board....the trailer looked the same to me as mine but they were not sitting side by side either...I no real issues with my boat, motor, or trailer...not sure what you are moving out of so I hope this helps!

5. Member
    I'm moving out of a Ranger Z519. All this info is definitely helping. Thanks

6. Member
    I moved out of a Ranger , took a lot of waves , and turning was terrible always got wet. So I went to a Skeeter zx190 loved it but was just a little to small had that for 4 years and just traded in for the ZX225 love everything about it the ride out of the hole quick and yes deck layout is different but like getting a new girl friend got to gut use to her ways , Love My ZX

7. Member
    I just got my ZX250. It's my first bass boat so I can't compare to the traditional layout. With that being said I really like the versatility of this deck layout. I took out the port side tackle storage and I keep all my rods in there. I have seventeen in there now with room for more. I'm thinking I can also put more rods in the center storage on one side and use the other side for my tackle. Thinking maybe the rods that could be used during the day but not the primary ones that I would keep on the deck. The two day boxes are a going to be really nice to have.
    It's going to be a learning process and things are sure to change/
    Congrats on the new boat!
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos