Minn kota ultera problems

If the motor every hangs up on the bottom or a stump it trips off and cannot be reset, have the manufactures reset procedure but it doe not work, any suggestion. with the motor in the water you cannot raise the motor
    bob

2. Member
    You must turn the power off to the troll motor from the battery. Then wait a few seconds and turn the power back on. The push the power button on the troll motor. wait 3 seconds. Push the power button three times with a pause between pushes. It should go thru the reset mode.

3. Member
    thanks, that fixed the reset problem. The main problem with the motor, if you hang the boat up so that it not moving and the trolling is still running it will shut down, also if you place the trolling in manual and try to run it a 100% is will shutdown in 5 seconds or less

bob

4. Member
    Does it lose all power or does the motor stop turning. Either one could indicate you have a power issue. Battery, lose connection or corroded connection. just as the Ultrex the Ulterra is sensitive to power. namely low voltage.

5. Member
    I would make sure you have the proper breaker type and size. It if is an auto reset type change it to a manual breaker as the coast guard says. Bob

6. Member
    its loses all power, cannot stow or do anything, the breaker is a 60 amp manual reset, monitored voltage and did not seen any drop, voltage stayed above 24 volts.

Bob

7. Member
    Get Minn Kota involved

8. Member
    Wire size correct? 6 Gauge or bigger. Which would be 4 gauge. Could be voltage loss.
    Please release me,let me go.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobimo View Post
    its loses all power, cannot stow or do anything, the breaker is a 60 amp manual reset, monitored voltage and did not seen any drop, voltage stayed above 24 volts.

Bob
    You have a power issue. Bad breaker, loose connection, bad or weak battery. I would start with Battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    You have a power issue. Bad breaker, loose connection, bad or weak battery. I would start with Battery.
    This ^^^^^ I was fishing with a friend with an Ulterra and he had exactly the same problem. I found that one of the dual battery charger leads was corroded so that battery was not charging. Fixed it, charged the batteries and it worked like a champ.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching