Thread: Lift Pumps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My 09 Yamaha 250 is doing same thing yours is doing. If I figure it out I will let you know, do the same if you figure it out. I have tried lift pumps, primer bulb, filters with no luck. Mine only does it late in afternoon when Sun is beating down for some reason.

2. Member
    I finally found the problem. Several broken, split, or missing reeds. These reeds were replaced last June with carbon fiber reeds from a well respected manufacturer. They have less than 100 hours on them. I don’t know if I should replace with a different brand of carbon fiber or go back to the OE Yamaha reeds. Suggestions?

3. Member
    I'm checking into it with my mechanic

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL65 View Post
    I finally found the problem. Several broken, split, or missing reeds. These reeds were replaced last June with carbon fiber reeds from a well respected manufacturer. They have less than 100 hours on them. I don’t know if I should replace with a different brand of carbon fiber or go back to the OE Yamaha reeds. Suggestions?
    Have you been in contact with the manufacturer? Maybe they would replace them for you. At least they know about it if not

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 01BCproguide View Post
    Have you been in contact with the manufacturer? Maybe they would replace them for you. At least they know about it if not
    I plan to call them Monday morning. I’m not sure I want any more of those reeds even if they would replace them.

6. Member
    Delete. Pics did not post.
    Last edited by TonyL65; 05-15-2019 at 01:25 PM.

7. Member
    Did you have any luck with the manufacture?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THobbs View Post
    Did you have any luck with the manufacture?
    I did. They sent me a set at no charge. I have installed them and it runs well now. Still don’t know what caused the previous set to fail. There were 14 chipped or broken reeds in all. Some with half the reed missing. Hopefully These will last longer than the first set.

Do those missing reeds hurt the pistons when they're ground up, passing through?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12