First taste of MLF format

Got to fish the ILF team event this weekend. I had a lot of fun and would suggest everyone check it out.
    We ended up 4th but we struck quick with a 6.11 that held up until the last period. I also lost another one about the same size at the boat right before I caught this one.

https://www.indyleaguefishing.com/

glenn flint.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 04-08-2019 at 02:25 PM. Reason: fixed pic

Nice fish Greg, congrats on the finish as well.

3. Member
    I really liked the ILF circuit. Only fished two but enjoyed them both.

4. Banned
    Who Marshall’s for the guys?? They get that many volunteers?? Shit we can’t 8 boats to show up for a club tournament to fish. Definitely not gonna get any to Marshall lol

Saw this on Facebook. Nice fish Greg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Who Marshall’s for the guys?? They get that many volunteers?? Shit we can’t 8 boats to show up for a club tournament to fish. Definitely not gonna get any to Marshall lol
    He was fishing the team circuit, so your non boater partner fishes in another boat and acts as the Marshall. But in the normal ILF tournies, yes, you have to take a Marshall with you. And it’s why I am not fishing it this year. No one to take as a Marshall.

7. idbefishing
    Looks interesting! If check in is 5 am and they don't announce the location until the morning of, how are you suppose to make it on time?

8. Member
    You meet and then drive to ramp and launch. They have the lake within range of the drive to be able to make it.
    But they usually don’t launch until after sun up. You do usually miss the first early morning bite.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Looks interesting! If check in is 5 am and they don't announce the location until the morning of, how are you suppose to make it on time?
    We met in Brownsburg at 5 AM drove to Glenn Flint and was in the water by 7:30. The Team Trail is a modified format, no penalties are assessed by co-angler. You just cant use a net to land the fish, once the fish is in the boat the non catching angler weighs the fish and the catching angler verifies the weight. Then the weight gets added to the digital livewell by text message. Takes about 1-2 minutes to weigh and record the catch.

10. idbefishing
    I see, you were informed of the meeting location ahead of time. Too bad we have limited water in Indiana, the meeting location pretty much gives away the lake.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I see, you were informed of the meeting location ahead of time. Too bad we have limited water in Indiana, the meeting location pretty much gives away the lake.
    Not really was an 80 mile radius, I calculated over 30 lakes in play, the radius took us all the way to IL and northern Indiana

radius.jpg

I fished an ILF that was the lake drive division in northern indiana/southern michigan. We had to take our own marshal with either an iphone/ipad. Awesome format, well ran, good time.