Boat US Tow coverage

Anyone have experience with this coverage on Okeechobee? Watched a guy drive into South Bay from Clewiston Saturday like the lake was at 14' and come to a very sudden stop near Halifax. An airboat eventually pulled them out. I'm not sure if it was a good samaritan or a Boat US tow. A conventional boat could not get within a 1/2 mile.
    Wondering for future reference.

2. Member
    No experience with Boat US, But I do keep this number in my phone. (239) 253-8955 Lake Tow and Recovery www.laketowrecovery.com
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

3. Gray
    I've subscribed to their service for about 3-4 years and I'm mostly on the St. Johns. I haven't had to use them for towing but I have twice for their trailer service.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I've subscribed to their service for about 3-4 years and I'm mostly on the St. Johns. I haven't had to use them for towing but I have twice for their trailer service.
    Would you please explain Trailer service .

5. Gray
    They will send towing service out if you break down on the road. They will change flats, etc. I don't have the policy with me but there's probably more detail on their website.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    They will send towing service out if you break down on the road. They will change flats, etc. I don't have the policy with me but there's probably more detail on their website.
    Thanks

7. Member
    The airboat is not included....ask me how I know.....you can call slims fish camp and get an airboat for around 250 or call Laketow Recovery who works for BoatUs. He is alot more for the airboat but hes an absolute pro. Regular boat towing is covered by him if you break down. But the airboat is considered a salvage recovery

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    The airboat is not included....ask me how I know.....you can call slims fish camp and get an airboat for around 250 or call Laketow Recovery who works for BoatUs. He is alot more for the airboat but hes an absolute pro. Regular boat towing is covered by him if you break down. But the airboat is considered a salvage recovery
    Thank you, good to know. I will keep the numbers mentioned for next year....... definitely pushed my luck this winter.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgwalker View Post
    Thank you, good to know. I will keep the numbers mentioned for next year....... definitely pushed my luck this winter.
    The day I got stuck I never even ran my main motor was just fishing along on the trolling motor and the wind picked up so fast it blew a foot out in 10 mins and I was on dry land

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    The day I got stuck I never even ran my main motor was just fishing along on the trolling motor and the wind picked up so fast it blew a foot out in 10 mins and I was on dry land
    Damn, that would completely suck!! You leave your boat or did they drag ya to open water?

11. Member
    I can give you an example of their towing service. My truck ran hot eighty miles from home leaving the lake and we could not get it to take fluid through the radiator or overflow tank. There is apparently some design change that causes this. I called the 800 number and about a hour later a flatbed showed up put the truck on the flatbed, hooked the boat to the truck's hitch and towed the boat to my house then took the truck to the shop and dropped it off. I can pay the cost of membership for several years for the money that saved me. I don't intend to ever not have it so long as I own a boat.

12. Member
    I have my Boat Insurance through Progressive. It includes Boat Towing in the price. You get a card with a number to call. Good in the USA.

Might want to look into it.