Ken Braun

Spinning rod suggestions

Need suggestion on a spinning rod that is comparable to a NRX Loomis 852 or 872s. Looking for a 7' 7'1 etc . I just got a 782s nrx its light, sensitive but way to much backbone its light casting with a boat paddle. I looking for something more finesse. like the 6'6 med rods but in 7ft? Any suggestions, Thanks, KB

If you want something very light, very sensitive, the Steez AGS 71M is awesome.

Also consider the Megabass Destroyer Addermine. It's lighter in power than either of those two NRX rods and highly versatile, light weight, and very sensitive.

3. Member
    The Addermine is amazing. I have fished it for two seasons now. It's hard to put down it's so fun to fish
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

4. Ken Braun
    Thank You for the info, I have a addermine, good rod ,don't care for micro guides. Any body know anything about the Doybens Etacy rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Braun View Post
    Thank You for the info, I have a addermine, good rod ,don't care for micro guides. Any body know anything about the Doybens Etacy rods.
    Addermine doesn't have "micro" guides. They are smaller than the "old school" full sized guides however. The shortest Xstasy spinning rod is 7'2" but they are nice for sure. Keep that Steez AGS in mind, it's pretty spectacular...

Dobyns Xtasy DRX 721sf or 722sf - amazing rods.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

7. Member
    That steez is pretty amazing! I don't own one but fished with one for an hour. I can't believe how light it feels in the hands, even compared to NRXs.
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

I'm planning on getting a Megabass Flyssa soon, its a little longer and less powerful then the addermine.

9. Ken Braun
    THanks for the responses. Packed up all my rods I don't use anymore and took a 3 hr drive to Evansville the rod store. best move I could have made. They have just about every rod that I was looking for. Man you can drop some serious coin there. It gave me the fever walking in there. After two hrs . I went with the Conquest series. Fished it sat and its awesome( better be). Its nice when you can touch the rods before you buy. Saved be time and aggravation in the long run.

THanks for the responses. Packed up all my rods I don't use anymore and took a 3 hr drive to Evansville the rod store. best move I could have made. They have just about every rod that I was looking for. Man you can drop some serious coin there. It gave me the fever walking in there. After two hrs . I went with the Conquest series. Fished it sat and its awesome( better be). Its nice when you can touch the rods before you buy. Saved be time and aggravation in the long run.
    What Conquest did you purchase?

11. Ken Braun
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    What Conquest did you purchase?

842s

842s
    Nice, I got that same rod, is one of the best IMO.

13. Banned
    Its a little longer than you mentioned but the dobyns 732 or 742 are fantastic. The 702 is great as well.

14. Member
    I have the Conquest 902s- really special rod!