BT talon quick disconnect plugs?

Just wondering how easy it is to install the quick disconnect plugs? Looking at them it seems simple but I have never had the need to open up my talons. I have a ASC close to the house if need be but always nice not to have to drop the boat off and leave it.
    Nitro z21

2. Member
    If you are relatively handy this is very easy. Take your time and make sure that you route the new wiring under the board. Each one takes about 15 minutes to install as long as you have the right tools.

3. Member
    Thanks are instructions included? And what’s the necessary tools
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    Yes, you can also download a copy from their website to your phone for reference. I used a #2 screwdriver to remove the screws for the shroud, an exacto knife to remove the heat shrink from the stock wiring and a heat gun to shrink to new tubing that is included.

5. Member
    Awesome sounds straight forward. Just wish they didn’t charge so damn much plus I’d say this should be standard equipment
    Nitro z21

6. Banned
    Waste of money just cut the stock wires and put in butt connector plugs yourself. Less than a 2.99 pack to do all the wires and make them quick release.

7. Member
    With the new style, you are just replacing the power harness and it is indeed a straight forward upgrade.

8. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retieoften View Post
    Waste of money just cut the stock wires and put in butt connector plugs yourself. Less than a 2.99 pack to do all the wires and make them quick release.
    ^^^ +2
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

9. Member
    The ones that you get from Minn Kota are really nice and come with caps to seal them up when you are running with no Talons on the boat. Worth the money in my eyes

10. Member
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retieoften View Post
    The cheap way will end up costing you in the long run. How do you plan to waterproof the connections? Remember water will seek it's own level. Pay little now a lot later.

12. Member
    So spend 8 bucks and get Aviation Connector + Socket, IP67 Waterproof, comes with caps to seal off when talons are off.

13. Member
    We use something like this (have used this exact one) mounting part on the top part of splash well. It has a waterproof connection and when not used, the cap makes a waterproof connection.
    John
    https://www.amazon.com/426234-1-5-Amp-Electric-Connector/dp/B002IVADOC

BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]