Thread: Hook in hull?

Hook in hull?

I was made aware of a potential issue with Nitro hulls as I have some speed loss and a boat that runs very flat at full trim. What is everyone’s opinion? Is this ever part of the design, or is this a defect? How much impact does it have this far out on the boat? This is a stepped hull.

2007 Nitro 482. The picture is just outside of the inside port bunk. The white is the back edge of the hill, on the lower step(very back of the pad) looking forward from the rear of the boat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w3V7hLN2RsrmUXoy7

I have a boat.

2. Member
    Looks like a hook to me. I had the same thing on my 2013 Z-7. Boat had no bow lift, only could get 5200 rpm's and barely made 50 mph with a Merc 150 4-stroke. The factory replaced the hull and now it runs and performs like it should.

I have no idea what that picture is but it is not the running pad. Need a shot of the pad with a 4 ft straight edge layed lenghtwise down the the pad, the very center of the boat, the outer areas may have a hook/curved area by design. Be sure the straight edge is perfectly flat, a 2x4 is not expectable, Aluminum 1/8 by 2 works well using the edge against the hull
    Thank You Leon Pugh