Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Not sure if that helps you at all, but they are selling as fast as they can make them so their strategy is working."

A dealer in North Carolina has a boat load available, close to 18.
    So I guess it's what your definition is of "selling as fast as they make them" is

So, I sell a 19' boat that is rated for a 150 that comes in at a certain price point. Now this boat performs like an 18' glass boats rated for the same HP but its larger, lighter, packaged better and because it has a 150 comes in cheaper than a 19' boat with a 200. Yet somehow this is a "bad" business decision. Yes, they are selling like hot cakes. Every dealer I follow on social media is moving boats out weekly. If you are moving any brand boat these days then you are doing something wrong. Even the dealer by me that has a HORRIBLE reputation is moving boats as fast as he can get them in.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Thanks for your input on the 1980 Kybanker. I am in the market for a new boat, and the 1980 is top of my list. That being said, Evinrude has not had the best reputation the past few years, always good to hear “Good Reports” on the G2. Have heard several times about the awesome hole shot ! Good luck with yours , hope to join the Vexus group soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeReel1951 View Post
    Thanks for your input on the 1980 Kybanker. I am in the market for a new boat, and the 1980 is top of my list. That being said, Evinrude has not had the best reputation the past few years, always good to hear “Good Reports” on the G2. Have heard several times about the awesome hole shot ! Good luck with yours , hope to join the Vexus group soon.
    Please tell us what negative reports you heard? The G2 has been out since 2015 and has been operating amazingly. If its one of the stories of...well my club had several blow up or I heard that x amount blew up at this fishing tournament, Id take those with a grain of salt. WHY you may ask...because I have heard the same thing for the Mercury and Yamaha SHO as well.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

I’m not in the market for a tin boat, but Vexus tins are nothing short of stunning and would look hard at them if I were. Evinrude should be proud of Vexus too. Their tin boats actually make the G2 look good. lol I don’t know why they did what they did on HP ratings. If I were to guess, I’d say it’s a liability issue. The boats appear to be over built to me and look like they could handle the HP people are wanting. What I hate to see are some people making statement of facts that don’t have a clue.
    I will be in the market for a glass boat in a year or so and was looking forward to the release of that line. Not as impressed visually with the glass as I was with the tin line. It will be interesting to learn about the performance side as they get some real world reports.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

6. Member
    If you really want to see how awesome the G2 is, go to Evinrude owners board on their website. Very few problems. It is impressive

7. Member
    Love that darker Blue. Trying to find reasos no to trade into a Vexus tin when I trade in my glass Triton and running out of reason not too. Good job Vexus

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Loomis88 - please understand this is not directed at you.

I am not trying to be flippant or mean here, but this is a business and as such there are certain "Business Decisions" we have made. these are in regards to Horsepower Rating, Styling, Design, Colors, Lengths.
    But if anyone thinks they can build a better boat you are more than welcome to take the plunge, quit your job, go in debt, start your own boat company and "Build It Your Way.. After all this is the american dream.
    thanks
    Well said, been there, done that and hoping to make it to retirement in a couple of years.
    The Vexus is the finest Aluminum boat I have ever seen. The fiberglass is pretty cool too (saw them at The Classic).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123