Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Loomis88 - please understand this is not directed at you.

I am not trying to be flippant or mean here, but this is a business and as such there are certain "Business Decisions" we have made. these are in regards to Horsepower Rating, Styling, Design, Colors, Lengths.
    But if anyone thinks they can build a better boat you are more than welcome to take the plunge, quit your job, go in debt, start your own boat company and "Build It Your Way.. After all this is the american dream.
    thanks
    Well said

it's easy to complain about what others are doing.

The great thing about bass boat industry is lots of options if you don't like any one brand or their boats.

2. Member

I am not trying to be flippant or mean here, but this is a business and as such there are certain "Business Decisions" we have made. these are in regards to Horsepower Rating, Styling, Design, Colors, Lengths.
    But if anyone thinks they can build a better boat you are more than welcome to take the plunge, quit your job, go in debt, start your own boat company and "Build It Your Way.. After all this is the american dream.
    thanks
    YES!!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

3. Member
    Good grief, this is exactly what I was not looking to start. I asked two simple questions. The reason I asked them here is I can't see the boat in person because there are no dealers in Pennsylvania or surrounding states yet. As previously stated from what I have read and seen the 1980 AVX should have what I am looking for, just wanted to make sure before I make my decision. Engine and color are an important part of that decision. S Clark was kind enough to take the time and explain the company line on those questions. I can't ask more than that. So do me a favor if you don't have anything constructive to state about this product (pro or con) stop trolling.

4. Member

thanks
    Well said and long overdue. Every company needs to get feedback both good and bad about their products but it seems some people come here just to complain and tell your company how to run their business. A lot of things like horsepower ratings are set so so one model doesn't compete with another in the company's product line. Other manufacturers do the same thing. If you don't like what a boat company move on and look somewhere else.

I don't own a Vexus boat and most likely never will but I have ridden in the 1880 and 1980 and was very impressed with how they rode and the way they were built. I also have a friend who bought a 1980 and had it really loaded up with options. He'll be up in my area next month and I'm looking forward to getting out on the lake with him and his rig.

Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    Good grief, this is exactly what I was not looking to start. I asked two simple questions. The reason I asked them here is I can't see the boat in person because there are no dealers in Pennsylvania or surrounding states yet. As previously stated from what I have read and seen the 1980 AVX should have what I am looking for, just wanted to make sure before I make my decision. Engine and color are an important part of that decision. S Clark was kind enough to take the time and explain the company line on those questions. I can't ask more than that. So do me a favor if you don't have anything constructive to state about this product (pro or con) stop trolling.

Well said. I completely agree with you. It is ridiculous how the posts constantly turn this direction. People should be able to discuss pros/cons openly without the Vexus vultures pouncing on Vexus and how their business plan sucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

6. Member
    Didn't think I was complaining but simply asking a couple of questions and observations

7. Member
    I think it is good to hear from fisherman about what they like and want in a boat .I made post about hull gauge because I have seen boats parked on the bank when camping and boat waves beat a hole in the bottom.The cost of a all .125 Hull can’t be that munch more for a boat this nice.Vexus braces there boat great .It is between the braces that worries me.

8. Member
    I'm a bit in the market for a brand new boat and was anxious to see what Vexus brought out. Looks to be an innovative/quality rig and I'm confident it is with the team building them. My garage is 24' which is bigger than most and at 20'11" before adding a jack plate instant deal breaker for me. Another thing if a person is spending $100 large on a boat they need to like it. As a million others have posted not a fan a the big hand rails (really my only complaint from pics). Not directed at me but I am offended and I am/was a potential customer. I wish Vexus the best of luck.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I'm a bit in the market for a brand new boat and was anxious to see what Vexus brought out. Looks to be an innovative/quality rig and I'm confident it is with the team building them. My garage is 24' which is bigger than most and at 20'11" before adding a jack plate instant deal breaker for me. Another thing if a person is spending $100 large on a boat they need to like it. As a million others have posted not a fan a the big hand rails (really my only complaint from pics). Not directed at me but I am offended and I am/was a potential customer. I wish Vexus the best of luck.
    Why are you offended?

10. Member
    Lineside

i live in northern Kentucky. One hour south of Cincy, OH. If you want to make the drive you can ride and drive and fish with me all weekend! I have the 1980 with a G2 and dual consoles. Mine is the dark red so it won’t help you with a color choice but it would give you a day or two to experience the boat firsthand.

I think you will be impressed (with the boat but likely not with my fishing skills). I have always been a Yamaha fan but the G2 changed my tune. The boat is up on plane in a lightning minute and plenty fast. It’s faster out of the hole and within a few mph of my old 2005 Ranger 521VX and that boat had a Yamaha 250 on it.

Friendly fellow fishermen are always welcome at our place. Thanks for your service in LE!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    There is not a company in the world that builds a product that appeals to everyone. If the hand rails are a deal breaker then just buy what you like/want that makes you happy. When I go looking for a new truck I do not get offended because a company didn't build a truck they way that I would have wanted it. You were never a potential customer as you had already pointed out why you were not going to buy the boat. It always amazes me that people will put aesthetics over functionality...especially when it comes to things that do not hamper or affect anyone's ability to use the product.

In this day what Vexus did was pretty remarkable.

A boat company is started by employees of were part of a previous company, and from day 1 that would be under the microscope if they built anything that looked like the boats that they used to be responsible for. There are already people making comparisons that the new glass Vexus boats look like a Ranger in the rear, look like this boat in this section, don't like this...blah, blah, blah. I admire what they did, and the boats they are building. I have an order in for a 1980, and would have ordered the new glass boat but I wanted a boat for this spring as I just sold my previous boat. Could have ordered any of the others out there...but Vexus did something that the others were not doing and did not build another cookie cutter boat and I liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    There is not a company in the world that builds a product that appeals to everyone. If the hand rails are a deal breaker then just buy what you like/want that makes you happy. When I go looking for a new truck I do not get offended because a company didn't build a truck they way that I would have wanted it. You were never a potential customer as you had already pointed out why you were not going to buy the boat. It always amazes me that people will put aesthetics over functionality...especially when it comes to things that do not hamper or affect anyone's ability to use the product.

In this day what Vexus did was pretty remarkable.

A boat company is started by employees of were part of a previous company, and from day 1 that would be under the microscope if they built anything that looked like the boats that they used to be responsible for. There are already people making comparisons that the new glass Vexus boats look like a Ranger in the rear, look like this boat in this section, don't like this...blah, blah, blah. I admire what they did, and the boats they are building. I have an order in for a 1980, and would have ordered the new glass boat but I wanted a boat for this spring as I just sold my previous boat. Could have ordered any of the others out there...but Vexus did something that the others were not doing and did not build another cookie cutter boat and I liked that.
    You will absolutely love your 1980. It is an awesome boat. IMO you made a great choice. Like you, I was in the market for a new boat and could have went with any boat but what Vexus did with their boats sold me the minute I walked up to one. And then the ride confirmed that I made the right decision.

13. Banned
    Hope to own the first 1880 in South Dakota!

14. Member
    Kybanker, Thank you so much for the offer, This is exactly the kind of information that will heip me make my decision. As I previously stated I owned an Evinrude motor in the past and never had
    any problems, I just wasn't sure about staying with two stroke technology. But hearing statements like yours about the performance you are getting on the 1980 with a G-2 has me
    thinking I may need to reconsider my thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    Kybanker, Thank you so much for the offer, This is exactly the kind of information that will heip me make my decision. As I previously stated I owned an Evinrude motor in the past and never had
    any problems, I just wasn't sure about staying with two stroke technology. But hearing statements like yours about the performance you are getting on the 1980 with a G-2 has me
    thinking I may need to reconsider my thought process.

Barnacle Bills is about an hour out of Philly. One of the bet dealers around us that lives and breathes Evinrude. If you ever had an issue with the engine you have no worries taking it there.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

16. Member
    JoePa, Thanks for the information

17. Banned
    If they come to Canada I'd definitely look at one those 1980 with 150. I'd personally wait a few years before I'd drop that cash, no matter how good or quality controlled a company is there is always going to be issues in the first few runs. May not even be a vexus issue, could be material they order in. I'm not a big tin bass boat lover but I do really like the vexus tin line. Very impressive. I don't mind the glass boat either, only issue is there are a few really nice glass rigs out there, tin not so much. I think thier tin line will out shine the glass line.

18. Member
    Why build a 19’ boat that can only handle a 150 horsepower motor??? Doesn’t make sense to meee!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Why build a 19’ boat that can only handle a 150 horsepower motor??? Doesn’t make sense to meee!
    Perfect sense to me. Love my 1980. The overall ride and speed is exactly what I was looking for. Awesome having the added deck space. Money well spent and zero regrets.

20. Member
    Mainly because they have a marketing strategy of selling three different AVX bass boats that perform the same on the water (excepting top speed) at three different price points and sizes. I would be happy with any of the three to be honest and I have been in all three and driven two of them. I preferred the 1980 with the G2 150hp Evinrude as it had a cooler and just fit my garage. If I had needed to go faster than 58mph the 2080 would have been my choice with a G2 200hp Evinrude. Not sure if that helps you at all, but they are selling as fast as they can make them so their strategy is working.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 04-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast