Thread: 2018 225 SHO

Wren

2018 225 SHO

Fished a tournament today got in some rough water, noticed my trim up was not working at my wheel, shift and at now but the down trim was. On the engine itself up and down works fine. Where should my trouble shooting start, or should I just take to shop for warranty?

2. Member
    There are 3 wires coming out of the blinker trim at the helm. Green for down, blue for up and red for the positive powered connection. If the blinker trim at the wheel worked in one direction and not the other then power (red wire) isn't the issue. It would be the green or blue wire depending on if the trim worked in the up or down position. If the blinker trim wasn't working at all and the other trim buttons where then its a loose or disconnected red wire(power). All the blinker trim connections are under the dash. Mine (2015) where accessible from the bottom panel under dash. The red power wire was wired to accessory #1 power wire. If you cant access from under the dash access panel you will have to pull the front dash panel off. Easy fix!

3. Wren
    Thanks not to mechanically inclined but will give it a shot

4. Member
    The trim relays are a frequent problem and they will work intermittent at times. Dont rule them out
    Last edited by Randy T; 04-08-2019 at 12:00 PM.

5. Member
    I'm assuming you already checked but if the power switch was off that blinker trim won't work. I've done that more than once.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I'm assuming you already checked but if the power switch was off that blinker trim won't work. I've done that more than once.
    Yes good catch! The master power switch has to be on for the blinker at the helm too function.

7. Wren
    Got the boat back it was as simple as a connector coming apart next to the shift.

8. Member
    While they where there they should of put a wire tie around the plug that connects to the back of key switch. Mine came loose and if it does you obviously cant start the boat. Thankfully I happened to be at the dock and had just unloaded boat into the water and had a torx driver set in my truck. Took panel off and found key switch harness was unplugged. I plugged it back together and wrapped a wire tie around that sucker! If it would of happened across the lake It would of really sucked!