Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some help on my New Z18 damages

Yesterday I went to Mississippi River with my new boat.because it’s my first ever boat,don’t have any experience to load the from water to the trailer.long story short,I hit my boat on the trailer,ot’s real break my heart.
    i have two questions
    1.do I need fix it before my next trip?or wait on the winter?if I didn’t fix it now,will be worse?
    2.how much does it cost on fix the damages?and how long?
    Thanks for you guys help.god bless you
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Depends on how deep it is.. Looks to be in the glass a ways and several inches long. They will need to sand down a few layers most likely. Get an estimate from a reputable fiberglass repair shop and talk to your insurance company about potential claim it if exceeds deductible. Things happen, just get it fixed and move on. Good luck

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Depends on how deep it is.. Looks to be in the glass a ways and several inches long. They will need to sand down a few layers most likely. Get an estimate from a reputable fiberglass repair shop and talk to your insurance company about potential claim it if exceeds deductible. Things happen, just get it fixed and move on. Good luck
    Do I need fix it before my next trip.or just wait for the winter?The deepest less than 0.1 inches,about 1 feet long.

4. Member
    That will not impact you using the boat. Get estimates from good fiberglass guys and use it until you want to get it fixed.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    That will not impact you using the boat. Get estimates from good fiberglass guys and use it until you want to get it fixed.
    ok.i will talk to the boat shop later. Thanks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Thank you for the help

7. Banned
    From the pictures it looks cosmetic; meaning, the scratch will not hurt the boat- just an eye sore. Those always hurt the owner more than the boat. I’ve had a few dings and it makes you sick!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cav View Post
    From the pictures it looks cosmetic; meaning, the scratch will not hurt the boat- just an eye sore. Those always hurt the owner more than the boat. I’ve had a few dings and it makes you sick!
    I think it’s not to deep.but you know,every scratch is deep enough for any boat owner to break heart.
    just don’t know when if I didn’t fix it before next trip, will the river water make it worse.cause the scratch in completely under the water.

I agree it looks cosmetic to me. But since I can't touch it I would swing by a reputable shop and talk with them about it. Ask if it's fine to use or...?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I agree it looks cosmetic to me. But since I can't touch it I would swing by a reputable shop and talk with them about it. Ask if it's fine to use or...?
    thanks.will do it tomorrow.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    Agreed, no harm to keep using.

12. Member
    That should run between 300-600 depending on shop. Save those pics in case you turn it in on insurance and put some marine sealant on the deep part of the scratch. Hard to tell if it's to the glass or not, but you don't want water getting in it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    That should run between 300-600 depending on shop. Save those pics in case you turn it in on insurance and put some marine sealant on the deep part of the scratch. Hard to tell if it's to the glass or not, but you don't want water getting in it.
    Ok.so if I don’t want fix it now,I need put some marine sealant on it to keep water out?

Talk to a repair shop, ask them, they may be very frustrated if you goober something on it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Talk to a repair shop, ask them, they may be very frustrated if you goober something on it.
    Thanks.will do it tomorrow.

16. Member
    I am a repair shop. To fix it, it's going to have to be sanded several inches around it to be sprayed. I have to dremel crap out of scratches and gouges all the time when doing repairs.

Wait till the winter. There may be more before the end of the season

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I am a repair shop. To fix it, it's going to have to be sanded several inches around it to be sprayed. I have to dremel crap out of scratches and gouges all the time when doing repairs.
    Ok.so I can still use before I fix it?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Wait till the winter. There may be more before the end of the season
    This is i’m think about.just need find out if still able to use it.i don’t want get the scratches worse.

20. Member
    Where did you launch on the Mississippi? I have been launching mine up in Dubuque IA as they are the only ramps open that I am aware of. I have finally got about 6 hours on my motor and about 4 more hours to go on the break in process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast