Thread: Leak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Leak

Ok I’ve plugged bilge holes so no water can come in them I’ve filled livewells and let the run for several days no leaks I’ve resealed rubrail and filled bilge up with water to make sure drain plugs not leaking I’ve checked or sealed everything and I can’t figure out where it’s takeing on water about a half gallon on every outing I know it’s not that much but something about a 4 year old boat it shouldn’t leak thanks for any help

2. Member
    Are you putting ice in the cooler?
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FD209 View Post
    Are you putting ice in the cooler?
    No

4. Member
    Every bass boat I have had since 88 gets some water, either from a small leak or a little backwash coming off pad. Hope a half gallon doesn’t make you as mad as the title looks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup2 View Post
    Every bass boat I have had since 88 gets some water, either from a small leak or a little backwash coming off pad. Hope a half gallon doesn’t make you as mad as the title looks.
    No it doesn’t it’s just that I’ve tried everything to stop it and can’t figure it out

6. Member
    Mine got a little water in it. I re-caulked around my outside fittings and that slowed it down a lot. This past couple of weekends I noticed I did some water then another time it was nothing. I finally noticed if I tighten my bilge plug a little more than in the past it makes a big difference. Sounds funny but worked on mine.and I am only talking a little more tightening not needing strong man bow up on it.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

7. Fishing is a Passion
    A crack in the nipple of the live well pump, recirculator pump, or bilge
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    A crack in the nipple of the live well pump, recirculator pump, or bilge
    I filled the livewells on the trailer and let revulsion pumps run for 2 evenings no leaks guess it could be the livewells pump in hoses or the overflow hose would be the only thing with water in them if you don’t fill the livewells

9. Member
    If you can reach in under the back steps. There is a pocket back there that can hold water. Vacuum it out and check it the next time you go to the lake. Then you will know if it's still coming from the rub rail or something in that location. I've done all the same as you. One place that did leak was the little 90* fittings that screw on to the pumps. Mine still gets a little but only if somebody fishes back there. I think it comes in the bilge hose sometimes

10. Member
    as you look at the transom area on your boat , remove the rub rail end caps (usually chrome and each held on with 1 screw) the one on the starboard (right) side where your transducer wiring goes into the hull may be the problem. Hole is about 3/4" in diameter so the transducer wiring/end plug can be routed. Mine was not sealed and the source of the leak.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    as you look at the transom area on your boat , remove the rub rail end caps (usually chrome and each held on with 1 screw) the one on the starboard (right) side where your transducer wiring goes into the hull may be the problem. Hole is about 3/4" in diameter so the transducer wiring/end plug can be routed. Mine was not sealed and the source of the leak.
    Yes took them off and sealed with 4200

12. Member
    On my old Skeeter the transom tie down U-bolt was leaking on the port side. Water was trickling in and hard to spot. Check them
    Brad Krone

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    On my old Skeeter the transom tie down U-bolt was leaking on the port side. Water was trickling in and hard to spot. Check them
    I have checked them but will check again thanks

14. Member
    i had a leak on my 2011 that I originally thought was from the live wells. Plugged them and they didn't leak. Finally filled the bilge with water and it would run out of the fill holes on the outside of the hull. Turned out it was a cracked fitting on the fill side of the system. Checked it by plugging the fill side and fishing it for a day, no water. Here's some video I shot of looking for the leak that may give you a better idea of what I mean.

15. Member
    +1 to checking the tie down bolts. Mine weren't sealed at all and were the source of my leak, as well as the rub rail missing some 4200 in a few spots.

16. Member
    Backwash when you stop probably my 920 would backwash bad.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

I just recently fixed a leak, and it was my livewell drain. It wouldn't leak unless I pulled my livewell plug.

I'm sure you probably checked that as well, but that was my recent experience.
    Cody // 2011 Phoenix 721

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott McGehee View Post
    i had a leak on my 2011 that I originally thought was from the live wells. Plugged them and they didn't leak. Finally filled the bilge with water and it would run out of the fill holes on the outside of the hull. Turned out it was a cracked fitting on the fill side of the system. Checked it by plugging the fill side and fishing it for a day, no water. Here's some video I shot of looking for the leak that may give you a better idea of what I mean.

Ok thanks will check out

19. Member
    I just semi-fixed my leak. For some reason both of the fittings cracked at the drain line for the livewell. Fish all winter but they should drain out you'd think. Cracked right at the 90 degree angle the drain line clamps to. There was no way I could remove the nut on the backside so I plugged the drain line with a 3/4" wood dowel and clamp both. Zipped tied them up to the existing aerator lines almost above the water line. Corrected the problem. Now, maybe a couple handfuls of water comes out when I remove the plug. Believe that's from the hole in the rub rail where the cable goes to the console.

Good luck and hope you find it.

Keldog

20. bd_skeeter
    +1 on backwash I get plenty in my 721 from it. Especially after all the stuff you done tried and nothing except when you head back out on the lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast