Vesselview Mobile Connection Problem HELP!!

I just purchased a Vesselview Mobile Unit, connected it to my brand new Mercury Optimax 150 Pro XS. Everything went fine. Got it installed, and it worked perfectly by just turning the key without the engine running.

The very next day I started the motor for the first time this spring, and now I cannot get the thing to connect!! I have tried everything!! I have deleted the app, reloaded it, and still cannot get it to connect to the module. When I get the prompt to connect, it just sits there and never connects. Both green lights are on, and the bluetooth light is flashing like it wants to connect, but nothing!!

I have no idea how to delete the account I set up, so I could start over, but I can't figure out how to do that!! I removed the boat profile, but it won't let me do a new one!!

This thing is beyond frustrating!!!!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by dletson; 04-07-2019 at 01:36 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dletson View Post
    I just purchased a Vesselview Mobile Unit, connected it to my brand new Mercury Optimax 150 Pro XS. Everything went fine. Got it installed, and it worked perfectly by just turning the key without the engine running.

The very next day I started the motor for the first time this spring, and now I cannot get the thing to connect!! I have tried everything!! I have deleted the app, reloaded it, and still cannot get it to connect to the module. When I get the prompt to connect, it just sits there and never connects. Both green lights are on, and the bluetooth light is flashing like it wants to connect, but nothing!!

I have no idea how to delete the account I set up, so I could start over, but I can't figure out how to do that!! I removed the boat profile, but it won't let me do a new one!!

This thing is beyond frustrating!!!!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Hello sir!
    I have the exact same problem and i been scratching my head bloody this weekend. No chance you have found a sollution?? Cheers//Jesper

3. Member
    you have to have a phone connection for it to sign in to the app takes some time for it connect hope this helps hard to wait on it..

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    2.5L Forum is one more down the list (correct forum for the 150 ProXS/Optimax).

Please describe the installation/location of your VV Mobile MODULE.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    you have to have a phone connection for it to sign in to the app takes some time for it connect hope this helps hard to wait on it..
    Im afraid i have a good 4G connection.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What type of boat is this installed on (boat, engine, phone location in relation to engine)?

VV Mobile Module at the CONSOLE or on the Engine?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    What type of boat is this installed on (boat, engine, phone location in relation to engine)?

VV Mobile Module at the CONSOLE or on the Engine?
    My VV-unit is mounted under the cowling of my F100. It doesnt matter if i have my Iphone right next to it without the cowling or at consule. aprox 2m away