Looking for a new thread finish

As the title states, I'm looking for a new thread finish. I've been using Pro Kote and while I've had good luck it holding up and not yellowing, I've had issues with it leveling out and in some cases sort of running and streaking on me. The Pro Kote high build I've recently tried is worse. Before anyone jumps my case about mixing equal parts, I am positive that's not the issue. I always mix at least 2 mL of each part and measure it with a syringe as accurately as I possibly can. If that's not good enough, it's even more confirmation that I need to find something different.

More realistically, me being too careful and therefore slow at applying it is probably the issue. So I'm looking for something with a long pot life, and I'd prefer something in a medium build.

I've been wanting to try the U-40 Duragloss as I've heard a lot of good things about it and seen some really excellent results from folks who go crazy on the fancy wraps, but have also heard some complaints about it yellowing. Diamond II is another I've heard really good things about. Flex Coat always seems to come up as a popular choice, but I don't think it has a very long pot life.

Sell me on the "best" thread finish, longer pot life is a plus!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

First coat light thread master and the second regular thread master. You are welcome.

3. Member
    2 to 3 coats of Threadmaster lite.

I'm one of the folks in the flexcoat camp. It has really been good for me and held up well.

5. Member
    I have been using Thredmaster lite for years with good success. I always try to have the finish area at 70 degress. I never mix less than 3ml at a time. If I need longer pot life. I will pour the finish onto aluminum foil.

6. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    First coat light thread master and the second regular thread master. You are welcome.
    That's my procedure too.

Ordered some Threadmaster to try out. Thanks for the tips!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    I use regular Threadmaster, one coat is all I ever do but I put it on a certain way. For a whole rod I mix 3ml (sometimes 4 if I'm covering a big label) but for repairs I just mix 1.5ml and have never had a problem. Mix it in a plastic cup with a Popsicle stick and pour it into a tinfoil bowl.

I apply with cheap disposable brushes, first part of application I coat/soak the threads pressing the brush into them (this reduces bubbles) Once they darken I apply some more, hit it with a flame and I'm done.