Question How do you get the live well to run on a timer - AVX1980

I haven’t been able to get my live well to run on a timer. I toggled it down to timed but nothing ever happens. I have the valve on auto. Am I missing something? How often does it turn on when on timer?

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Do you mean when you toggle the switch down the pumps will not run?
    or that when toggled down the pumps will run but never stop/start ?

I can check how long the cycles are. I never use the timer to fill the live well, I typically leave the nozzle side lid open, fill on L.W. Man and then shut off when it gets full enough. I use the timer on recirc but I haven't paid attention to how long it cycles for. Does your L.W. Man switch work? Valve pushed in is for filling pulled out is for pumping out(I may have them backwards, but I think that is correct)
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

4. Member
    When I toggle the switch down, nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sj88 View Post
    When I toggle the switch down, nothing happens.
    Even when flipped to the LW Man(toggle switch up)? Do you have the red valve pushed in?

6. Member
    When I flip the LW Man (toggle up), it fills the live well just fine. I know pushing and pulling the red valve changes it from filling the live well and pumping it out. When I toggle down to "timed", I have the valve in the same position as when I fill the live well manually (not pump out). I'd just like recirculate the water to keep it aerated when fish are in the live well but the timer doesn't seem to work (toggle down). I've tried to flip the valve to recirc as well as auto. Am I missing something?

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    nope - sound like an issue -
    my response would be to call your dealer and ask how he wants to handle it.

I agree sclark.

You are doing what I do. When filled to the level I want, I flip the toggle switch down to "timer" and the flip the remote live well switch over to recirc to aerate the fish. It then cycles through the recirc/aeration. If nothing is happening when you have the driver switch on recirc and toggle down on timer after a couple minutes, I don't think you are missing anything.

9. Member
    Does it need to be on recirc or will auto also run the timed aeration when I flip the toggle down?

Quote Originally Posted by sj88 View Post
    Does it need to be on recirc or will auto also run the timed aeration when I flip the toggle down?

Sent you a PM

Fill the live well, switch it to pump out and put it on timer switch, if the livewell is over full it can be hard to hear or see it work unless you're staring at it, using pump out you should notice it work
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

12. Member
    Thanks! I’ll give it a try.